News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://radpowerbikes.pxf.io/Wq1EzZ

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Just ordered this, Your thoughts and reviews?

Started by santacruzpaul, October 01, 2022, 06:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Support the rad owners forum

santacruzpaul

Just ordered this for my Radrover 5, Your thoughts and reviews?
I bought this specific one because I didn't want peddle bounce and like to know where my feet are on the ground when stopping or going slow, So I am wanting the seat height to stay the same as no seat suspension when slow or stopped. I was thinking this would allow me to maintain seat height until I need it with the light off-road I do. (I should mention, I am an old guy, 68 this November)
Thanks All, Paul

https://amzn.to/3e64p4K

Altema

It's a proven design with the correct suspension geometry, so it seems like it will work well for you. Are you ordering a different weight elastomer, or trying out the medium one it comes with first?

santacruzpaul

Quote from: Altema on October 02, 2022, 06:49:42 AM
It's a proven design with the correct suspension geometry, so it seems like it will work well for you. Are you ordering a different weight elastomer, or trying out the medium one it comes with first?

The kit comes with 3 inserts, #2, #3, and #4,  They offer 2 more not in the kit, #1 extra light,  And #5 extra firm,  I'm 6'1" 220 pounds, So am going with the firm insert #4 for starters, I will be buying a couple spares once I figure out which one works best,  May have to go the #5 route if the #4 is too bouncy.

Radiculous

Your a tall guy. I haven't done much research on seat posts but this one seems to be on the shorter side. Leg extension may be a factor.
  I'm 5'11"  Long,  and pretty much have the stock post maxed out.

santacruzpaul

Quote from: Radiculous on October 02, 2022, 09:36:16 AM
Your a tall guy. I haven't done much research on seat posts but this one seems to be on the shorter side. Leg extension may be a factor.
  I'm 5'11"  Long,  and pretty much have the stock post maxed out.
Seat post height should be all good if the Thudbuster is any where near close in size to the stock post.

Support the rad owners forum