News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Headlight button causes issue

Started by Kkjw357, March 25, 2022, 07:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Kkjw357

90 miles in on my new Rad city 5 plus.  :)  When I go to turn off the headlight it causes the bike to lose power. I have to turn it off and bring it back on in Order to get power back. If I leave the headlight button alone I have no issues. Anybody else have this problem yet? What's the fix?

leverett2

I am also going through the same issue. I hope to message RAD this in the next few days and hopefully get a response on resolving this.

mebeme

hi, I am also experiencing the same exact issue with my Radcity 5 Plus.  The power stays on as long as the lights are on, but once I turn off the light, the power goes away.  This was not the case when I first got the bike and only became like this in the last day.  I have only had the bike for the past couple weeks.  Have you guys reported the issue to RadPower?  Any feedback?  Thanks

leverett2

I was able to call RAD and explain the issue with the headlight shutting off the PAS and throttle. They had me do a cable check and look for error codes. After this they confirmed it was a faulty controller that needs replacing.