News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://radpowerbikes.pxf.io/Wq1EzZ

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Stolen RR 6+

Started by capple, June 08, 2024, 08:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Support the rad owners forum

capple

Hi All,

My Rad Rover 6+ high step was stolen from my car port after I had just cleaned it at 8AM earlier this week! None of the bags or accessories were on it except for my front and rear basket. I think the dual large basket configuration I use is unique. I have yet to find another Rad bike with that setup.

Since I know you all tend to notice the Rad Power bikes more than most, I thought I'd give a shout over here also. Please keep an eye out for any shady Rad Rover 6+ high step sales on FB marketplace or other places. I'm located in Atlanta Georgia. 

I'll pay a reward to anyone who can help me locate it. Please see the flier attached. I've posted on 529 garage and Bike Index. I've also made a police report. There isn't much left for me to do but dox this man and spread the word.

At least the RR 6+ step over is on deep sale right now. I'm worried how long I can wait before that stops. I still have 2 more batteries and a ton of bags and accessories so I feel like I'm stuck in the new battery rad ecosystem.

You cannot view this attachment.
Thank you all for your time.

JimInPT

That's a very complete set of photos of both the thief and his vehicle and you're right that front/rear large baskets is a pretty unusual setup - if he can be found, that ought to do it.... good luck!  I assume a Rover 6+ would qualify for felony theft, except for maybe California, which has made crime legal so anything can be stolen and nobody does anything.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Tree

Quote from: JimInPT on June 08, 2024, 10:59:56 AMThat's a very complete set of photos of both the thief and his vehicle and you're right that front/rear large baskets is a pretty unusual setup - if he can be found, that ought to do it.... good luck!  I assume a Rover 6+ would qualify for felony theft, except for maybe California, which has made crime legal so anything can be stolen and nobody does anything.
why is it that people feel compelled to make asinine and inaccurate political statements in places they don't belong, feeling smug and clever when they do so? SB 553 and Prop 47 did not making crime (read: theft) legal in any way shape or form.

More often than not, these sorts of ignorant posts can be debunked in record time, and this one was no different. The odds are that if something seems silly, absurd, or, well, asinine, it is.

There are plenty of places for political statements. This board shouldn't be one of them.

JimInPT

You seem mighty touchy about California's failure to enforce laws; gee, wonder why that might be?  Exhibit A: San Francisco.  Exhibit B: Los Angeles.  Hard to deny the thousands of videos out there documenting the ruin - have you seen the ones with thieves scraping shelves clean into giant garbage bags (taking some care not to exceed the dollar value that makes it a possibly-prosecutable crime) and just pedaling their bike out of the Walgreens unobstructed

Just so you know, I was born there, grew up there, lived in both Exhibit places and fled almost 30 years ago, but still have a few relatives trapped there watching it all decompose.  It's just sad (and entertaining for those of us not trapped there), but it's not accidental nor unexpected, no matter the lame defenses mounted for it all.  Did you notice Oakland's mayor getting her house raided by the FBI/IRS yesterday, along with her garbage-collector paymasters at three other sites?  How fun!  Don't park your e-bike in Oakland, for sure, if you'd like to have it tomorrow.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Tree

Quote from: JimInPT on June 21, 2024, 12:42:51 PMYou seem mighty touchy about California's failure to enforce laws; gee, wonder why that might be?  Exhibit A: San Francisco.  Exhibit B: Los Angeles.  Hard to deny the thousands of videos out there documenting the ruin - have you seen the ones with thieves scraping shelves clean into giant garbage bags (taking some care not to exceed the dollar value that makes it a possibly-prosecutable crime) and just pedaling their bike out of the Walgreens unobstructed

Just so you know, I was born there, grew up there, lived in both Exhibit places and fled almost 30 years ago, but still have a few relatives trapped there watching it all decompose.  It's just sad (and entertaining for those of us not trapped there), but it's not accidental nor unexpected, no matter the lame defenses mounted for it all.  Did you notice Oakland's mayor getting her house raided by the FBI/IRS yesterday, along with her garbage-collector paymasters at three other sites?  How fun!  Don't park your e-bike in Oakland, for sure, if you'd like to have it tomorrow.

no - i think it's annoying AF that some folks feel the need to throw out their politics and misinformation related to their politics in a place that oughta be politic free.

your post was ill-informed at best, maybe dishonest, and an outright lie at worst.

the statement "California, which has made crime legal" is a lie. period. California has not made crime legal, no matter how much some fear mongers want to paint it as such.

Support the rad owners forum