News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://radpowerbikes.pxf.io/Wq1EzZ

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Bought Rad Rover 6 plus missing charger and dead battery

Started by rayling, April 24, 2024, 07:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Support the rad owners forum

rayling

Hi, I just bought a used RadRover 6 plus and the battery was dead. I ordered the proper charger from Rad. I got a really good deal and hoping the battery will take a charge. Looking for feedback.  Thanks

John Rose

Used e-bike without the charger?

How confident are you that it was not stolen? A charger is the one part a bike thief would not have gotten.

There are two RadRover 6 plus listed as stolen at https://project529.com/garage
RadMini ST 2 / RadExpand 5

Naranja_CT5+

Quote from: rayling on April 24, 2024, 07:48:41 AM... and hoping the battery will take a charge
Are you assuming that your battery is dead? Have you actually used a new charger and it failed to charge?

Have you taken the battery out of the frame and physically inspected it for damages?
If I have to replace the battery and it turned out not the cause of the problem, I would be pretty upset.
Literally is LITERALLY the most annoying word of the decade.

seand1109

The battery has a button by the indicator that if you hold it for a few seconds places it in storage mode. To wake the battery up press that same button.

I kinda agree that buying a bike without the charger could mean it is stolen...

Tree

Quote from: rayling on April 24, 2024, 07:48:41 AMHi, I just bought a used RadRover 6 plus and the battery was dead. I ordered the proper charger from Rad. I got a really good deal and hoping the battery will take a charge. Looking for feedback.  Thanks

a used ebike with a dead battery and no charger screams of a stolen bike.

you should check the bike's serial number on the sites that track stolen bikes.

Geoffrad

I just bought a used RAD Rover 5 with no charger. I ordered the proper one from RAD and received it in 2 weeks as quoted in the purchase.  I had no concerns about the bike being stolen because it came with 2 sets of keys and the owner had just moved and misplaced the charger.  She also wrote me a receipt for the payment.  No worries buying a used bike sans charger here!

Naranja_CT5+

Quote from: Geoffrad on July 05, 2024, 10:06:43 AMNo worries buying a used bike sans charger here!
I think there's no problem buying used items. You just have to be prepared that the seller may not be as honest as yours. They may not tell you everything wrong when they are selling below the cost of same age & model.

I would want to test drive it to make sure I am not buying a lemon before I walk away with it. Especially electrical items.
Literally is LITERALLY the most annoying word of the decade.

Support the rad owners forum