Author Topic: Radcity 4  (Read 49 times)

Mobarr

• View Profile
Radcity 4
« on: January 10, 2021, 08:53:34 PM »
Just posting because there are ZERO posts in the Radcity section.  Ordered my Radcity 4, should be shipping in Feb 2021.  Not concerned about the lack of torque, which seems to be the most common issue folks bring up.  I need a commuter, and I think this model is the right one for the job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gatheringtree

• Physician
    • View Profile
Re: Radcity 4
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 11:29:25 AM »
Regarding the "lack of torque" there is a torque rating of 80 in the RadRover motor and a rating of 40 in the RadCity motor. Surprisingly, that makes NO significant difference between the RadRover and the RadCity Step-Thru in acceleration time from 0-20. In one run, the RadCity beat the RadRover by a split second. There is only a negligible difference in hill climbing favoring RadRover. This YouTube video demonstrates this performance comparison well:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmn8xidOjLo  I will try to post a snap shot of the video results on this post. In sum, the large gap between torque ratings of 80 vs 40 makes little difference in actual performance from 0-20 mph. [/img][/img]
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 07:51:54 AM by Gatheringtree »

TDR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 09:32:13 AM »
My GF Has the Rad City 3 Step Thru. Top of Seat to ground is 30" in the lowest position.

Gatheringtree

• Physician
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 04:01:59 PM »
Now she does not want it because her inseam is 26.5." She does not want to have to get off the bike seat every time she comes to a stop.