Author Topic: Pannier bags  (Read 200 times)

Boatinbear

• View Profile
Pannier bags
« on: January 01, 2021, 12:11:26 PM »
Just wondering what others are using for pannier bags/storage baskets etc on the Radwagon.   

ErichN

• View Profile
Re: Pannier bags
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 07:15:52 AM »
Happy New Year.   I have one deck pad on front of rack for daughter, and I got this double pannier bag: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JUGTX62?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

It fits perfectly and letís me commute 14 miles round trip without any issues!  Highly recommend.

Boatinbear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 06:52:59 AM »
Happy New Year.   I have one deck pad on front of rack for daughter, and I got this double pannier bag: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JUGTX62?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

It fits perfectly and letís me commute 14 miles round trip without any issues!  Highly recommend.

Looks like you could almost fit another set of those forward of the set you have now if you wanted to?   I was kicking around that idea to get more storage when shopping (4 smaller bags like what you have here vs 2 larger bags like what Rad offers for the Radwagon.)   I think you have a Radwagon 3?   I wonder if the width of the rack is the same on the Radwagon 4?   I do like those bags that straddle over the rack but was concerned that the rack might be wider than the bags are set up for.   Thx

molsonbike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 03:15:44 PM »
Just wondering what others are using for pannier bags/storage baskets etc on the Radwagon.

I have a Radwagon 4 and looked at the ArcenCiel but wasn't sure it would fit across the rack. Most saddle style bags are sewn at 5-6 inches across and the RW4 is about 8.

I found Bikase Urbanator Adjustable Pannier on the Trek website (it is other places too). Adjusts up to 9 inches wide, can switch from this to my other standard rack easily. I like it, however it is lightweight and can only take on 10 lbs per side. Can take on a 12 pack. Not great for medium-sized grocery trips, but wonderful for commuting and small trips.