News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Recommended PSI for Rad Rover 6+?

Started by Tree, March 24, 2022, 05:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Tree

I've got the stock tires and tubes for the Rad Rover 6+ - I'm going to put FlatOut in this weekend.

Since I have to deflate and then re-inflate, what should my PSI be when i re-inflate? I'm seeing the range of 20–30 PSI, which seems like a pretty dramatic range to me.

I'm in a warm weather state, do most of my riding on city streets with some off roading for fun.

Si1Dia

Rad recommends 20-30psi. I run mine at 28psi for mostly road and well-groomed trails.

Tree

Quote from: Si1Dia on March 24, 2022, 09:10:30 AM
Rad recommends 20-30psi. I run mine at 28psi for mostly road and well-groomed trails.

that's the info i'm looking for. 20 - 30 is such a broad range :D

CTYank

And . . . there should be tire mfg's recommended pressure on the tire sidewall. Big fan of KISS here.

Radding Along

30 psi helps with flats due to pinched tubes after hitting a pothole. But at 30 psi, there isn't as much cushion from the tires, so it's a rougher ride.

Going down to 20psi is perfectly fine, but expect more frequent flats and less mileage out of a battery charge. You will experience a slightly smoother ride.

RklingRadRover

Quote from: Tree on March 24, 2022, 01:28:07 PM
Quote from: Si1Dia on March 24, 2022, 09:10:30 AMRad recommends 20-30psi. I run mine at 28psi for mostly road and well-groomed trails.

that's the info i'm looking for. 20 - 30 is such a broad range :D
I've called Rad Rover, and I got a different answer; I keep them at 10 PSI, and I also heard from other sources that people are overinflating them. I heard if you ride over a puddle you should see how much your tire is touching the ground, I thought what is the puddle was deeper. I ride mostly on gravel, and I can see what part of the tire touches the ground. I weigh 240 LPS, and most of the time, I carry an extra battery, and I think my back tire needs replacing again. I have 2345 miles on my bike, the rear looks more worn that the front which is understandable.

mrgold35

I have a 2016 Radrover and I kept my original tires in the 17-22 PSI range (always put 1-2 extra psi in rear tires).  Lower PSI provide better traction for dirt/sandy/rocky trail riding at lower speeds.  The higher PSI was more efficient, less power to maintain 17-20 mph speeds, and used less battery power when I did mostly paved road riding.

I just added the Fanttik X8 Ace Bike Pump 150PSI Fast Portable Tire Inflator, $50, Amazon, to toss in my topeak rack bag for easy psi adjustment on the road or trail.