News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Tote for the RadExpand 5 Recommendation

Started by rsghowellnj, April 01, 2022, 03:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

rsghowellnj

Is there anyone that can make a recommendation on Tote for the RadExpand 5?  I'm trying to squeeze this thing into the back of my Plugin Prius with the seats down so I would really appreciate a recommendation

rsghowellnj

I've seen that the Craftsman 50 Gallon Tote that they sell at Lowe's will work for the RAD Mini but the Rad Mini came with folding pedals.  The pedals on the RadExpand 5 do not fold.  So I don't think this tote is going to be wide enough.  So I'm back to looking for the ideal tote for RadExpand 5.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks

NaturallyRC

I put my mini in my goalie bag from hockey. Basically big enough -- wheels and a handle.

Quote from: rsghowellnj on April 02, 2022, 04:39:04 AM
I've seen that the Craftsman 50 Gallon Tote that they sell at Lowe's will work for the RAD Mini but the Rad Mini came with folding pedals.  The pedals on the RadExpand 5 do not fold.  So I don't think this tote is going to be wide enough.  So I'm back to looking for the ideal tote for RadExpand 5.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks

rsghowellnj

I think I'm going to put removable pedals on my RadExand 5 then way I can put it into the Craftsman 50 Gallon Tote

NaturallyRC

All pedals are removable, with a wrench. Do you mean folding? Those should be standard equipment, if you ask me. Cheers.

Quote from: rsghowellnj on April 02, 2022, 08:11:13 AM
I think I'm going to put removable pedals on my RadExand 5 then way I can put it into the Craftsman 50 Gallon Tote

rsghowellnj

I picked up quick release pedals and the bike will fit perfectly in the Craftsman 50 Gallon Tote w/wheels.  And the best part is it actually fits in my Prius.

NaturallyRC

Ah. I don't care for locking into my pedals anymore. I like being able to put a foot out without having to think about it, and if not set up perfectly, clipless pedals can damage your knees.

Quote from: rsghowellnj on April 02, 2022, 05:12:42 PM
I picked up quick release pedals and the bike will fit perfectly in the Craftsman 50 Gallon Tote w/wheels.  And the best part is it actually fits in my Prius.

rsghowellnj

NaturallyRC - No sorry for the confusion.  I wasn't speaking of clipless pedals.  There are pedals now that have a quick disconnect.  So the pedals can easily be removed and placed back onto the bike.  This gives me the little extra room I needed to get the bike into the tote (which was very important to me).

NaturallyRC

Thank YOU for bearing with me. I've never seen pedals like those, and the quick search I did the other day didn't turn them up. Looks like a great solution for you. Thanks for making me smarter.

Quote from: rsghowellnj on April 03, 2022, 02:17:31 PM
NaturallyRC - No sorry for the confusion.  I wasn't speaking of clipless pedals.  There are pedals now that have a quick disconnect.  So the pedals can easily be removed and placed back onto the bike.  This gives me the little extra room I needed to get the bike into the tote (which was very important to me).

rsghowellnj

Wiser maybe?   To be honest with you I never heard of them until I started searching around.  They are not cheep but of me it is worth it.  Thanks and ride safe.

nsfdheo

Home Depot had these totes for $60. Nice to have it on wheels for rolling the tote around.  No need to buy folding pedals. Fits great! The right pedal is just touching side of bin. Had to lower handle bars to place in my Honda oddessy van.

Stock RadExpand 5 except for 14"x12"milk crate added to rear rack. ($6 menards) Photo taken with seat and battery removed for easier lifting.