News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RAD Rover 6+ battery woes, HELP!!!

Started by radgranddad, August 26, 2022, 04:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

radgranddad

OK, after waiting a month for a RR6+ battery replacement, covered under warranty, we/my friend finally received a replacement. Yay, finally...

- How much charge would you expect to be on the replacement battery we received?  It showed NO charge (no bars) as received.
- When we attempted to charge it with a known good charger (we have two identical bikes), for about 4 hours, it still shows NO charge.
- The charger now shows green light when attempting to charge the battery, like the original failed battery, when attempting to charge it.

In case you are wondering if I'm a normal idiot with no electrical/technical background, I am a Life Senior Member of the IEEE.  Look it up if you don't know what that means.
OK, I might be an idiot sometimes  ::), but not about stuff like this....

WTF RAD?

radgranddad

Quote from: radgranddad on August 26, 2022, 04:36:37 PM
OK, after waiting a month for a RR6+ battery replacement, covered under warranty, we/my friend finally received a replacement. Yay, finally...

- How much charge would you expect to be on the replacement battery we received?  It showed NO charge (no bars) as received.
- When we attempted to charge it with a known good charger (we have two identical bikes), for about 4 hours, it still shows NO charge.
- The charger now shows green light when attempting to charge the battery, like the original failed battery, when attempting to charge it.

In case you are wondering if I'm a normal idiot with no electrical/technical background, I am a Life Senior Member of the IEEE.  Look it up if you don't know what that means.
OK, I might be an idiot sometimes  ::), but not about stuff like this....

WTF RAD?

OK, after finally getting through to RAD service, they indicate the new/replacement battery was sent to us in "ship mode".  Pressing the power button for 10 seconds takes it out of ship mode and shows us it has a full charge.  The Service person recommended that we go through the balancing procedure also at this point.

Maybe it's just me being an idiot, but why wouldn't RAD ship the battery with a written notice/instructions that the battery was in "ship mode" and needed to be taken out of "ship mode" before it could be used? ???

Altema

Sending the battery in shipping mode is a good thing, not telling you about it is not!
This has nothing to do with your IEEE membership... but if you had just forgotten to turn it on, I'd have questions! 😉