Author Topic: Tire Options for RadCity 4  (Read 2713 times)

railtrailer

• View Profile
Tire Options for RadCity 4
« on: February 20, 2021, 11:38:51 PM »
Hi. I'm getting a RadCity, which comes with 2.3" wide tires.  I do a lot of trail riding, although not rough trails, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how wide of a tire would fit.  The Rad Power website says 2.3, but I wonder if I could perhaps go up to 2.5 in order to get a slightly more aggressive off-road tire.

Thanks for any feedback.

gadgetex

• View Profile
Re: Tire Options for RadCity 4
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 06:17:32 PM »
hi I would like to hear how the RadCity does on the trails or if you know any videos. 
I have 26 x 1.75  and 2.10 Mountain bike tires that are VERY aggressive - Not Ebike rates though.
I was all set to buy a Rad Rover then watched one more Youtube video and they sold out.   So maybe i get a RadCity.
I think the RadCity will be an easier bike to pedal around the pavement my main use.
BUT i want to hit the hike and bike gravel and some dirt
Thanks

DCH3416

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 05:27:54 PM »
hi I would like to hear how the RadCity does on the trails or if you know any videos. 
I have 26 x 1.75  and 2.10 Mountain bike tires that are VERY aggressive - Not Ebike rates though.
I was all set to buy a Rad Rover then watched one more Youtube video and they sold out.   So maybe i get a RadCity.
I think the RadCity will be an easier bike to pedal around the pavement my main use.
BUT i want to hit the hike and bike gravel and some dirt
Thanks

I regularly ride my RadCity on mixed pavement/light offroad. The tires are very good for all seasons, last a long time (2800+ miles), and are quieter. The RadCity has narrower tires than (most) other Rad models and that may make it easier to maneuver around trails.

In my opinion the RadCity is just as capable mechanically as the RadRover model for light trail use. They're both similar weight. The studded tires on the Rover may provide better traction in soft stuff. I've never had a problem getting out of trouble in my RadCity. I've actually spun the back wheel trying to push up a hill.

The Rover has a more powerful geared rear hub drive, I would expect that to be better on top speed and more bottom end torque. Consider the Rover if you live in an area with sharp rocks or mountainous.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 05:37:40 PM by DCH3416 »

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 05:27:54 PM »