News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

How long did it take for your Rad Ebike to get delivered?

Started by MikenetRB, April 12, 2022, 12:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Runningliner13

I've ordered  30 March  Have received 19 April..... So far so good...

Mark T

Ordered two RadCity 5 ebikes on March 3rd to be shipped to a Canadian address.   At time of ordering it indicated that there were delays in shipping but the bikes were in stock and would be shipped "by April 11th".    It's now April 24 and still no word on shipping, much less delivered bikes.

For the record, accessories that were also ordered at the same time were received on March 17th. 

NaturallyRC

I feel your pain. Ugh.

Quote from: Mark T on April 24, 2022, 01:56:34 PM
Ordered two RadCity 5 ebikes on March 3rd to be shipped to a Canadian address.   At time of ordering it indicated that there were delays in shipping but the bikes were in stock and would be shipped "by April 11th".    It's now April 24 and still no word on shipping, much less delivered bikes.

For the record, accessories that were also ordered at the same time were received on March 17th.

seanerino

Update on my order:

Ordered Rad City 5, Abus frame lock, and Abus chain on March 26, 2022

Abus frame lock: delivered to Velofix March 31
Rad City 5 and Abus chain: delivered to Velofix on April 20
Velofix assembled and delivered bike: April 29

I'm up and running now. Just a little over one month.

CAED

It's been 5 days since I ordered and it was supposed to arrive today, but just received an email saying it'll be delivered tomorrow.

Mark T

Quote from: Mark T on April 24, 2022, 01:56:34 PM

This is an update on my April 24th post.    Still no word from Rad on a shipping date. I called them a week ago and was told maybe mid-May.   It's now 65 days since I ordered.     

Radding Along

Rad has warehouses in Seattle and the southern east coast. In addition, I think they may be starting to ship from California as well.

Depending on where you live in the US, the bike will ship from the closest warehouse. With that said, as the season heats up, the closest warehouse to you may be out of stock of a particular bike. So your bike is drawn from another warehouse where the bike may be in stock.

In regards to accessories, the same scenario happens. For example, if you live in Florida and the bike is in stock in the east coast warehouse, it will ship from there. But if the accessories are only in stock in Seattle, then Florida has to wait for the accessories to travel across the US from Seattle. That's the reason why you may receive the bike sooner than the accessories. Or receive the accessories sooner than the bike.

Rad uses FedEx ground to ship their bikes. FedEx is all over the board on deliveries. But one thing is universal. FedEx posts a scheduled delivery date when they receive the product from Rad's warehouse. But the actual arrival date is typically updated to a day or two later once the package gets closer to your region. Granted, once in a while they meet their original delivery date, but in most cases they don't.

FedEx often shows a package stuck in a transfer FedEx facility for two or three days. Then all of a sudden the package shows that it's on the other side of the country. Yup, FedEx struggles to show actual movement on some packages. So don't fret if the package shows it's sitting in Spokane for a couple of days. More than likely the scans haven't been updated, but the package is moving right along.

Rad uses UPS for a lot of the accessory shipments. They do seem to be a day or two slower than FedEx.

In Rad's defense, they ship like clock work. It's FedEx and UPS that throw the cog in the wheel when it comes to long delivery times. It's out of Rad's hands once the shipper has the product.

Eric7

Considering their price point, Rad is the best.  Things get delayed - but in the end they took care of me.

I got a brake lever failure.  They were delayed in getting it to me. I asked them about it and they told me to just buy one and they reimbursed me.  Then, they sent me another lever when it was back in stock again.

In the end, I am happy.

gooberff

Went to Huntington Beach CA pop up store but they were only offering assembled bikes.  Ordered a city 5 plus on May 20 and received it today May 23 in the AM and had it assembled by 11:00, Did Brake break in procedure then removed battery for charging  Shipped from Chino CA.

Rproos

Shipped to Canadian address, ordered two radrover 6 plus bikes August 2021 received January 2022. Length of deliver was expected due to covid and hard time getting components. Rad staff were very helpful, understanding and the responses by staff were very quick and answers were within a day max. Love the bikes and am enjoying them very much.

GizUSN

I ordered this past Wed (5/25) and received my Radrunner 2 in MD on Sat (5/28). Rode it today.

Wayne

We live I Ontario Canada and received a RadRover 6 ST and a Radmini 2 ST and several accessories,
and received everything 8) in 2 weeks in great shape as packaging was heavy duty and superb.
Was surprised how fast we got everything  and the quality of the products.   :