Author Topic: Which Rad Power Bike to buy? (updated for 2022)  (Read 2040 times)

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Which Rad Power Bike to buy? (updated for 2022)
« on: January 14, 2022, 12:49:31 PM »
This was one of the most popular videos I did almost two years ago. Now updated for 2022. Curious to get some other perspectives on which Rad Power Bike to buy.

https://youtu.be/_X9cZMeDWTQ

« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 12:51:31 PM by Ryan »

CruJones

• View Profile
Re: Which Rad Power Bike to buy? (updated for 2022)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 08:31:10 AM »
Hi, thanks for your video.  It’s a great introduction to all the options!  I’m considering the RadMission, but am concerned about the size, as I am 6’ 6”.  While RadPower’s site states that it is comfortable for riders up to 6’ 4”, you mentioned in your video that you felt like you maxed out the bike at 6’ 0”.  Could you give some additional comments on sizing?  In my area, I have no way to try the bike before buying.  Thank you!

jcvdd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 11:25:14 AM »
Hi, thanks for your video.  It’s a great introduction to all the options!  I’m considering the RadMission, but am concerned about the size, as I am 6’ 6”.  While RadPower’s site states that it is comfortable for riders up to 6’ 4”, you mentioned in your video that you felt like you maxed out the bike at 6’ 0”.  Could you give some additional comments on sizing?  In my area, I have no way to try the bike before buying.  Thank you!

Hello -
Just ""MY"" suggestion as an old-time road bike guy. Fit is everything and at 6' 6", there is no way the RadMission one size frame will fit you.
May I suggest that you look into Aventon Electric Bikes as some of their model's come in different frame sizes and they are
running a small sale on some of their bikes. Good Luck

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 06:08:15 PM »

The RadMission is no doubt going to feel too small for you. As JCVDD stated you might have better luck with Aventon's frames. As far as bikes in a similar category - the Roadster V2 or Roadster V2 gravel might be large enough. I have an Aventon Soltera I still need to try out but that's a one size fits all approach as well. Otherwise, I know Biktrix is pretty well known for some models fitting larger riders. If you chat with them their support is very helpful. At your height the best thing you can do is to try to hop on some models to see how you feel. Let us know what you decide on and appreciate it if you use one of my links prior to purchase: https://ebikeescape.com/top-ebike-brands/

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 06:08:15 PM »