News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Hi everyone

Started by samsonwilliams, May 08, 2024, 08:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

samsonwilliams

Hi everyone. After doing some online research I was strongly leaning towards choosing a RadRover e bike. My wife and I are lucky enough to live reasonably close to the Rad store in Berkeley Ca. We went in for a test drive and came home with a white RadRover 6+ ST for me and a white Expand 5 for her. We?re in our 60?s and it?s been a while since we?ve done any riding. We are looking forward to taking them camping and exploring the parks.

Naranja_CT5+

Welcome

Looking forward to your posts
Literally is LITERALLY the most annoying word of the decade.

seand1109

Welcome to the wonderful world of eBiking. We too have the same bikes and age. We take them with our RV and I prefer the bikes to the toad in cities. Be sure to get use to them in your neighborhood before taking a long trip. Remember for the best milage from the battery you have to pedal, of buy an extra battery. I tend to use the range of gears and PAS typically settling into PAS set to 3 and 6th gear. I adjust as needed and average 15-20 mph. I started off with short rides and have learned that getting the muscles back in shape requires lowering the PAS, which I do for either sections of road or a time (drop it down 1 setting for 30minutes) to get back into a shape besides round. The range is also something to think about, hills do take a toll on the battery. I like to plan the trip with the type of terrain we will cover. I did find the in the Google maps app the bike specific setting that shows routes and identifies which has less hills.