News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Upgrade display for RadRunner 1....

Started by sc00ter, December 06, 2020, 08:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

sc00ter

I'm tired of everyone asking me how many miles I have on my ebike, how far I've ridden in a day and more technical questions about power being used. I broke down and ordered the upgraded display for my RadRunner 1. As usual, 2 inner tubes (in stock) and the display was $25 to ship but I guess I gotta pay to play. It would be so nice if I hooked up the new display and all my prior miles were magically stored and somehow displayed but reality is it will start at zero miles.

sc00ter

So I got my upgrade display and installed it, but its raining. In the mean time I set the wheel size to 20" , increased the top speed to 40 kph, set the back light to 1 and selected mph for my speed reading. I'm more concerned about accuracy of the odometer over top speed but I read something about setting the display for 22"s? I might mess around with it while on my commute and see if it is truly restricted or not.

FortunatelyTheMilk

I think I set mine to 24. It needs to be the outside diameter of the tyre,not just the wheel.

sc00ter

Mines still on 20". On my 14 mile commute the odometer reads 13 miles. At the highly accurate "speed reminder" at work the sign says 20mph but the display on the bike says 18mph. I might mess with it a bit more but I'm happy with it. I also went large and snagged one of the upgraded headlights while they were back in stock.

pedarro

I have my settings set to '24, and it says that I am going 24 plus mile per hours. However, according to my Apple Watch and other apps, I am averaging about 18 miles an hours. I have the Rad runner plus. Is anyone else experiencing this inaccurate mileage reporting?