News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad ebikes are like cats!

Started by sc00ter, February 25, 2021, 08:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

sc00ter

You cant have just one. Actually, I ordered a RadMini folder for my wifes sister. She is a retired master electrician (keeps her certs updated still) and has helped my wife and I rewire most of our house. I go under the crawl space and do the tight work but she does the actual hooking stuff up, the true skilled part of electrical work. She never takes any money offered but she's been wanting a ebike for awhile. So I got her a Mini. Weird side note. I checked the "Notify Me" section for when the Mini is back in stock on Rads website. Guess what, I never got notification. I only went on the site to order a spare 'Runner tire and noticed the Mini was in stock. So I ordered a Min, rear rack for Mini and my extra 'Runner tire. I'm going to put my extra Tuffy liner in the rear tire on the Mini to attempt to bullet proof it unless Tannus gets their 20" fat liners back in stock.

Altema

That was a really nice thing to do, and I'm sure she'll appreciate it very much. Did you get her the step-through, or the regular Mini?

sc00ter

Step-thru. She's on the shorter side and in her early 70's. She has a analog Trek that she still rides but has been eyeing up ebikes for awhile. She's in good shape (probably better than me!) so she should be able to handle it just fine. I ordered the rear rack (in boring black, orange outta stock) and the safety reflective decal set. I also need to get her a better lock. I think she'll really like the Mini.

radrover4fun

sc00ter

Cats are like potato chips, you can't have just one! I would rather have potato chips though. I have 4 cats. Two that are so old they belonged to Jesus before I adopted them. And two younger ones that will probably live just as long. What did I get myself into? But if you have more than one Rad then those are your cats! Come to think about it my sister has 5 cats last I talked to her. Best part is none of them get along and they need to be kept apart. She needs some Rad bikes instead.

Altema

Quote from: sc00ter on February 26, 2021, 06:44:43 AM
Cats are like potato chips, you can't have just one! I would rather have potato chips though. I have 4 cats. Two that are so old they belonged to Jesus before I adopted them. And two younger ones that will probably live just as long. What did I get myself into? But if you have more than one Rad then those are your cats! Come to think about it my sister has 5 cats last I talked to her. Best part is none of them get along and they need to be kept apart. She needs some Rad bikes instead.

🤣😂😂🤣
I definitely laughed out loud at that one! I had one cat growing up; a striped Abyssinian, and she would chase dogs and jump on the mailman's head.
I never had more than one, but my mother had two Siamese. Only person I know who had multiple cats was my dad's girlfriend, and it seemed like it was between six to ten of them. The house did not smell like a litterbox though, so she must have been doing something right, even if the human relationships in the house were weird.

sc00ter

So I had a extra Foldy Lock, and my wife paid for the right and left Hafny mirrors, cheap-o pogo seat post and a water bottle holder. So I think I have everything covered for safety, convenience and security. Wife was kinda shocked at the $103.00 total. Told her that's nothing compared to road bikes or mountain bikes.

sc00ter

My CatMini Folding Step-Thru arrived this morning. New owner is in Vegas for awhile so I'll have it together and shook down this weekend, and maybe ride it to work once or twice. I like the white personally, more visible.