Author Topic: Strange thing happened tonight!  (Read 3599 times)

sc00ter

• View Profile
Strange thing happened tonight!
« on: January 04, 2021, 08:45:06 PM »
So I'm riding along after work tonight around 10:30pm. I ride on the edge of the street and will bump onto the sidewalk if I see a car coming up in my lane. I watch my mirrors like a hawk. Tonight traffic was pretty dead, so I'm riding along and I notice a car creeping up behind me. I have my think gloves on but I slowly pull one off and clip it to my bars and grab my mace. The creeping car gets closer but has yet to pass me, so I jump on the sidewalk. Here we go! But, blue lights? It's a cop car! I get stopped and told to ride ON the sidewalk! The officer says she can't see my tail light vary well. It works great and I check it every night before heading home. She says she just doesn't want to see me get hit. So anyways, I can now ride ON the sidewalk in Virginia Beach! I just jumped back on the side of the road as soon as she pulled away but I did appreciate the concern. The sidewalks are like riding a bucking bronco in spots! Best part is she had no idea what a ebike was. Just couldn't grasp the description.

Altema

• View Profile
Re: Strange thing happened tonight!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 08:24:17 AM »
That's unusual, considering the RadRunner taillight is in a good spot, but it's nice she was concerned about you being safe.
Our sidewalks are pretty good here so I don't mind, but I use the road on side streets. If there is a good bike lane on the main road, I'll use that. Some get offended when I'm on the sidewalk, some get offended when I'm on the road, even though both are legal in Michigan.

I have not had any safety issues with lighting, but I have thought about those taillights that put laser light boundaries around you.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

Re: Strange thing happened tonight!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 08:24:17 AM »