Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 4327 times)

Whyme

• View Profile
« on: December 28, 2020, 06:46:40 PM »
I am 78 yrs old , still farily active , fly paraglider still , kayaking , motorcycle and photography.
I have been researching bikes for quite a time. I put in an order for a 1000 watt fat tire bike and put
a small returnable deposit on it. Then after doing more research and getting a brain wave that at my age
I should slow down some. I came across the Rad Mission 1 . More research very few videos on it.
Finally bit the bullet and ordered one which should arrive early 2021. Maybe this forum could add a place
for like owners of th Rad Mission 1. Funny thing I was born in Mission B.C. back in the last century.

Dan B

• View Profile
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 07:55:52 PM »
Welcome to the club...hopefully this site with add some insight into your new purchase..

Veggyhed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 01:24:51 AM »
Welcome.
What made you change your mind and decide on that model?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Whyme

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 06:59:07 PM »
Why the change,At first I had the idea of a means of retrieval to get my car when paragliding. But I would have to leave it unattended near the landing field.
 Far too much of a temptation to a thief.
I am going to be riding mainly paved and bike lane roads. We have many many miles of old railroad tracks that have been converted
into bike and walking routes. The bigger bike was just overkill. The big plus is the 50 lb.weight. I can put that on a regular bike rack or just take the front wheel off and put it in the back of my Subaru.

Veggyhed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 03:16:49 AM »
I had no idea that bike was 50 lb.
The weight of my mini does bother me a bit.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

sc00ter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 06:45:04 AM »
Welcome! Paragliding sounds interesting! I think you'll be happy with the Mission, and if for some reason you do wanna change ebikes in the future it's not like you spent crazy money on the initial investment. Can't beat the value and quality of Rad products.

Altema

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 09:41:31 AM »
Welcome to the forums! I never paid attention to the weight that much, but 48 pounds is pretty light for a full size e-bike. Removing the battery (recommended when transporting on a rack), brings the weight down to 41 pounds. My RadMini is 60 pounds with both batteries removed, and I thought it felt light when I put it in the car yesterday! Guess not, lol. 

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 09:41:31 AM »