News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Just bought a Pair of Folding Mini's one for the wife and I

Started by FLKRUZEN, November 26, 2021, 05:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

FLKRUZEN

I just ordered a pair of the Rad Mini 4. White for wife and Black for me. I'm also looking at getting the SR Suntour NCX 12 Suspension Seatpost, and a pair of Cloud 9 seats. I'm curious to know who else has bought the Folding Minis and how do you like them?

JimInPT

Quote from: FLKRUZEN on November 26, 2021, 05:15:40 AM
I just ordered a pair of the Rad Mini 4. White for wife and Black for me. I'm also looking at getting the SR Suntour NCX 12 Suspension Seatpost, and a pair of Cloud 9 seats. I'm curious to know who else has bought the Folding Minis and how do you like them?

I've had a Mini Step-Thru since March and absolutely love it, although I never fold it and with the rain and cold I'm not riding it for the time being.  I'm pretty sure you'll be quite happy with yours, and you got a great price ($350 less than I paid) but I'm curious why you didn't get two of the ST versions?  Structurally they're the same and the frame of the ST is much easier to deal with getting on/off in my opinion.

I also have a Cloud 9 after trying five others, including a different C9 model.  Cloud 9 makes quality seats, but it's like buying shoes; you have to find one that you can wear for miles.  But even the C9 models are somewhat different from each other and the second one I tried is MUCH more comfortable for me.  Also have a Redshift Shockstop suspension post; that plus the seat makes the ride much better on trails and rough pavement.

Have fun!
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

sc00ter

I bought one for my wifes sister as a thank-you for some home help. A step-thru Mini. I swapped the stem backwards and used a cheap pogo post from a Pedego to get the seat as low as possible but still be comfy. She's short. She loves it but she hasn't been riding it lately. So far its been a little tank and has never given her any issues. She never folds it though. No need to as its just a neighborhood runabout.

Eric7

Just my humble opinion.  You can take it or leave it.  Maybe you have experience so you don't need this.

I suggest a nice dropcloth so you can put it together in the warmth of your family room with strong lighting.  A warm room - and maybe all the time in the world - will make for a nicer setup for you.  It should be an enjoyable time, don't rush, enjoy yourself.

It was the first time for me of mounting a wheel with a disc brake.  I suggest getting help lifting the bike up so you can take your time slowly putting on the front wheel so as not to bend the disc of the disc brakes. I don't even know if it is possible to bend the disc, it was the first time for me but it sure helped that I took it easy and slow.

Nice diagonal clippers or strong scissors for cutting the zip chords.  Take your time.  Don't scratch up the bike.

You will also need a bike tire pump if you don't have one.

I think the brakes will rub a bit and the bike wheels will not be as free spinning as a regular bike.  This is just my comments - and I am not taking responsiblity for it.  If it is just making some small noise just live with it and ride 50 miles, the cable will loosen and you will have to adjust the brakes again.  I think the wheels will be as free spinning as a motorcycle wheel or a moped wheel.  It will not be as free spinning as a bicycle wheel.

Altema

I have the Mini 4. It's approaching 5000 miles and I love it. I take it on mountain bike trails and off roading, and its a pretty tough bike. Be forewarned that folding the bike makes it less easy to carry up stairs. That giant Velcro strap is to hold it closed when folded, but I use a cargo strap to keep it secure in the hatch of my car.

FLKRUZEN

Thanks, Eric, but I live in South Florida, and it's always warm here!

Eric7