News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Air Travel

Started by oztravelz, January 23, 2021, 02:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

oztravelz

I need a bag or some kind of luggage to check my Rad 2 Mini step through folding bike on the plane. I know I will need to send my battery via ground carrier, but if I could get my bike on the plane as checked luggage that would be helpful. I have looked and cannot find anything. Does anyone know of some options? Thank you!

JimInPT

There may be very large ruggedized cases from Pelican or similar companies that will do the trick, with the type of foam inserts that you can pick out to form-fit to your bike.  Probably big money at that size, though.

You might consider having a good carpenter or shipping company build you a custom reusable crate, perhaps with built-in cross-bracing, supports and padding and hinged top or even drop sides to make it easy to get in/out and inspect at airport security.  In a past life, I used such crates for instrumentation or other equipment shipping all over the world.  If built well and with easily-accessed grab handles and armored corners, they survived many long flights and really poor handling by carriers.

Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.