News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

High Mileage maintenance requirements

Started by David Wellen, March 18, 2021, 01:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

David Wellen

I have a 2018 Rad Rover I have been riding for just about 2 and one half years. I am interested in hearing from anyone with high mileage about any maintenance you have needed to do or have done. I love my bike and I am just wondering if there is a common point where it will start to need expensive fixes. So far mine has been just about maintenance free other that tires and brakes. I have just under 4000 miles. I ride in a hilly area in summer and winter but usually not in wet weather. Any feed back will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Veggyhed

On a regular bicycle at that mileage you would repack your wheel bearings and to bottom bracket and inspect for wear.
You would measure your chain will stretch and replace if necessary along with inspecting your sprockets for worn teeth.
Take a look at your headset bearings and see if they need to be repacked or replaced.
With the amount of adjustments the brakes need you may need to replace your brake cables.

I'm going to make an assumption that on an e-bike with a hub motor you may want to open it and regrease the gears.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Altema

Good guide from Veggyhed. The motor reduction gears use white lithium grease from what I've seen. The front bearing are not caged and will fall out, so keep that in mind. You might also want to check your pedals to see if the bearings are worn. My original pedal bearing were completely worn out after 2k miles and I just replaced them last night.