News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Locking RadCity Step-Thru with 2 U-locks

Started by NeedSomePower, August 25, 2021, 01:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

NeedSomePower

My bike will be here in a few days so what am I doing? Obsessing over how to lock it up, that's what. ;-)

I already have two very good U-locks, one long and one normal, and it seems to me that I can lock up the new bike with the two locks used as in the photo. Because of the battery, there are fewer places to put the main lock (the one that attaches to the rack) as there would be on a non-powered bike, but I think I've found a place, assuming the shape of the rack cooperates.

What do you think of the place I've identified?

And, what do you think of a single smaller U-lock to lock the front wheel to the frame?

Thanks!

Widgets

No matter what you do to secure your bike, a determined thief will find a way. No sense overthinking it, just don't make it easy. For the most part we are trying to prevent the opportunist theft. Your locks seem reasonable.

I have the ABUS frame lock with the adapter chain. The frame lock is basically where you show the rear lock (just above the struts going down to the rear axel. The chan adapter loops through the front wheel just above the fender struts,  then attaches to the frame lock. I also have the ABUS folding lock through the rear wheel and frame for longer stops.

I also put a cable through the frame and saddle rails. It keeps the saddle tethered even with the quick disconnect. I can quickly readjust the saddle if needed, but it will take tools to remove it.

NeedSomePower

I'd get that frame lock, except that it's out of stock last I checked.

Rather than run a cable through the seat rails, I'm just replacing the quick-release, as I'm the only rider.