Author Topic: No mph display  (Read 4828 times)

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
No mph display
« on: June 21, 2021, 04:49:52 PM »
New RadWagon 4 no longer displaying mph on the display. It is not on avg or max speed. Anyone have any thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

DCH3416

• View Profile
Re: No mph display
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 02:31:21 PM »
It's showing "0 mph" on the display (not km/h)? Does the bike still have power and throttle?

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 11:54:12 AM »
Hi all, contacted Rad Power Bikes support about this and I'm happy to say it worked! So the problem was our odometer wasn't changing and we had no mph displayed on the screen of our Rad Power Bikes RadWagon.

Steps we took to solve:
1. Remove battery
2. Hold the power (center) button on the PAS selector to fully discharge
3. Unplug the power cable going into the motor
4. Plug motor cable back in (ensure the arrows are lined up)
5. Install battery, turn it on and power up your bike

Hope this helps others who are having the same problem (and saves some time waiting to hear back from Rad support)

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 07:51:42 PM »
Just another update on the mph issue on my RadWagon. It turns out that this fix only worked for a short time. Got in touch with Rad Power Bikes support and they asked for serial numbers and a short video demonstrating the issue. The speed sensor is built inside the motor so it's not something that can be replaced individually. Thus, a new rear wheel has been ordered though it is out stock. Fortunately, we can still ride around and it will be shipped once they are in stock.

Suade

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 01:08:34 PM »
Any update on this repair yet. I have a 2018 rad rover and they said I need a motor replacement. My motor works fine it's just not registering speed. I only have 175 miles. I know how to get the motor apart and can solder just fine. Does anyone know what wire is the speed sensor?

DCH3416

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 02:30:37 PM »
Any update on this repair yet. I have a 2018 rad rover and they said I need a motor replacement. My motor works fine it's just not registering speed. I only have 175 miles. I know how to get the motor apart and can solder just fine. Does anyone know what wire is the speed sensor?

Maybe this will help get you pointed in the right direction: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=73399

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2021, 07:40:22 PM »
The RadWagon 4 rear wheel is still on order with no ETA. Only recently has the motor stopped working completely. I hear a ringing sound from the rear and have tried a few easy fixes like unplugging and plugging in the rear motor with no luck.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2021, 07:40:22 PM »