News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Front and Rear Rack Threaded holes

Started by boneshakin, October 31, 2022, 12:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

boneshakin

I know the answer is probably very simple but what are the four threaded holes on the top of the rack intended for?  Also, looking to replace the seat post to a more comfortable ride.  I am 6'1 and about 210 lbs.  I believe these come with standard 27mm posts?

Thanks!

PowayVoyager

They are to secure a basket or possible another item used for storage.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

handlebar

Quote from: boneshakin on October 31, 2022, 12:52:43 PM
I know the answer is probably very simple but what are the four threaded holes on the top of the rack intended for?  Also, looking to replace the seat post to a more comfortable ride.  I am 6'1 and about 210 lbs.  I believe these come with standard 27mm posts?

Thanks!

What model do you have?

A suspension post and fat seat didn't make my Radrunner comfortable. A layback post did.

Leg length determines how high and how far back a seat should be. It's how high a board you can straddle. My "inseam," not to be confused with the trouser measurement, is 35", which I've read is average. As a rule of thumb, with a pedal forward and level, the end of your knee should be over the pedal spindle.  (You could use a plumb bob or a laser level.) If your knee is too far forward, it's bent too far on the power stroke, straining your leg and limiting your power.

My knee was way too far forward. The layback seat brought it into line. I could pedal more easily. Sitting also became much more comfortable. When you move the seat back, you lean forward. If the handlebars aren't too low, weight goes to your feet, not your hands. Pedaling, your weight shifts from leg to leg, as in walking. Coasting is like standing on one foot. Legs are good at absorbing bumps. There's not much weight on the butt to make bumps feel hard.

The pictures show my Radrunner and my Radmission with layback seat posts. I screwed milk cartons to the holes in my Radrunner. The plastic basket on my Radmission is held by two screws and two zip ties.  As you can see, the layback posts require plywood triangles to keep my cantilevered weight from bending them more.