News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Just ordered this, Your thoughts and reviews?

Started by santacruzpaul, October 01, 2022, 06:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

santacruzpaul

Just ordered this for my Radrover 5, Your thoughts and reviews?
I bought this specific one because I didn't want peddle bounce and like to know where my feet are on the ground when stopping or going slow, So I am wanting the seat height to stay the same as no seat suspension when slow or stopped. I was thinking this would allow me to maintain seat height until I need it with the light off-road I do. (I should mention, I am an old guy, 68 this November)
Thanks All, Paul

https://amzn.to/3e64p4K

Altema

It's a proven design with the correct suspension geometry, so it seems like it will work well for you. Are you ordering a different weight elastomer, or trying out the medium one it comes with first?

santacruzpaul

Quote from: Altema on October 02, 2022, 06:49:42 AM
It's a proven design with the correct suspension geometry, so it seems like it will work well for you. Are you ordering a different weight elastomer, or trying out the medium one it comes with first?

The kit comes with 3 inserts, #2, #3, and #4,  They offer 2 more not in the kit, #1 extra light,  And #5 extra firm,  I'm 6'1" 220 pounds, So am going with the firm insert #4 for starters, I will be buying a couple spares once I figure out which one works best,  May have to go the #5 route if the #4 is too bouncy.

Radiculous

Your a tall guy. I haven't done much research on seat posts but this one seems to be on the shorter side. Leg extension may be a factor.
  I'm 5'11"  Long,  and pretty much have the stock post maxed out.

santacruzpaul

Quote from: Radiculous on October 02, 2022, 09:36:16 AM
Your a tall guy. I haven't done much research on seat posts but this one seems to be on the shorter side. Leg extension may be a factor.
  I'm 5'11"  Long,  and pretty much have the stock post maxed out.
Seat post height should be all good if the Thudbuster is any where near close in size to the stock post.