News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Insensitive Customer Support staff.

Started by joeliniowa, August 22, 2022, 03:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

joeliniowa

I lost my ID & can't seem to get my PW unlocked so I built a new one.  Hello all.
I just spent 58 minutes on the phone with RPB's.  I was calling in the 3pm hour (Central Time) everyone in WA was "out to lunch"...

I asked a technical question of the tech support team, "That's a stupid question" was this person's response TWICE during my interaction.  I got a 2nd person on the phone who said what my question entailed would not be supported by RPB's and they wouldn't connect me to a Supervisor, nor (since this dialogue was "in the system") would they sell me the product I had the question about.  WTF?   I've asked for a call back from a supervisor on the Sales Team. 

I'm an EE/ME educated person.  Idea's come to me, that "Suzie at customer service" can't grasp. Wow what terrible things to say.  The 2nd guy just CUT ME OFF.   I'm a 2 year ADVOCATE, (that's softened today).  I'm on my 2nd RPB bike.  A RadRunner Plus.  It's nicely balanced, powerful, more suited to me than the RW4 (I had stolen in 3/2022).  My riding experience is so wonderful.  WTF is with customer service?

I relenquish to the group!
Sorry I haven't used ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM for over 15 years.  Neither should you.  Search my name on FB, YT, TW, & those others.  I've been online since 1992. Most of that time as a Systems & Network Engineer.

Tree

Quote from: joeliniowa on August 22, 2022, 03:52:28 PM
I lost my ID & can't seem to get my PW unlocked so I built a new one.  Hello all.
I just spent 58 minutes on the phone with RPB's.  I was calling in the 3pm hour (Central Time) everyone in WA was "out to lunch"...

I asked a technical question of the tech support team, "That's a stupid question" was this person's response TWICE during my interaction.  I got a 2nd person on the phone who said what my question entailed would not be supported by RPB's and they wouldn't connect me to a Supervisor, nor (since this dialogue was "in the system") would they sell me the product I had the question about.  WTF?   I've asked for a call back from a supervisor on the Sales Team. 

I'm an EE/ME educated person.  Idea's come to me, that "Suzie at customer service" can't grasp. Wow what terrible things to say.  The 2nd guy just CUT ME OFF.   I'm a 2 year ADVOCATE, (that's softened today).  I'm on my 2nd RPB bike.  A RadRunner Plus.  It's nicely balanced, powerful, more suited to me than the RW4 (I had stolen in 3/2022).  My riding experience is so wonderful.  WTF is with customer service?

I relenquish to the group!

having spent the majority of my life in sales and customer service management, if ANY member of my team spoke to a customer like that, they'd have one foot out the door.

I'd call back, and immediately ask to speak to a supervisor. I'd also call them out on social media - FB/Twitter/Insta/wherever.

I'm a big defender of Rad and have had zero issues with customer service, but the first time someone said to me "that's a stupid question," I'd be asking for that person's name and a supervisor.

joeliniowa

By the time I was done, it was ~90 minutes, while being very frustrated...I was tired.  I'm going to "open this box" again today...  Exactly "stupid" is a NEVER word!  Doing IT support for 30+ years crap like that is just DUH!
Their "log" has every name and the text of the voice interaction, no chances to hide!   

Thanks for the support.  I've been a RPB customer and folks bend sideways to help with problems.  Just this past Saturday I found I'd double ordered a  product.  The guy called the warehouse/distribution center and had the item removed.  That's my expectation of RPB customer service!

JLH
Sorry I haven't used ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM for over 15 years.  Neither should you.  Search my name on FB, YT, TW, & those others.  I've been online since 1992. Most of that time as a Systems & Network Engineer.

JedidiahStolzfus

They just don't care.  On my initial order for my bike, I caught their support people in multiple lies regarding why shipments were so screwed up.  They completely ignored it.  So much for this on their site:

World-Class Product Support

With tens of thousands of five-star reviews under their belts, our in-house product support team is the best in the business. They love troubleshooting, are happy to talk you through your options, and will always make it right.

Having a hard time putting your bike?s issue into words? No problem! Just send us a pic or a short video and we?ll get back to you with some straight-forward advice.

I the PAS sensor for my RR2 went bad.  I spent a long time trying to talk to someone.  I finally got to, and explained the problem, they said they'd send out a replacement sensor.  They knew which bike I had, but I still got the wrong part, and that took 10 days to arrive.  In the meantime, knowing my experience with them from my initial order, I found a compatible sensor on Amazon, which I got in 2 days. I had it installed and working long before the wrong part arrived.

Tree

Quote from: joeliniowa on August 23, 2022, 07:16:26 AM
By the time I was done, it was ~90 minutes, while being very frustrated...I was tired.  I'm going to "open this box" again today...  Exactly "stupid" is a NEVER word!  Doing IT support for 30+ years crap like that is just DUH!
Their "log" has every name and the text of the voice interaction, no chances to hide!   

Thanks for the support.  I've been a RPB customer and folks bend sideways to help with problems.  Just this past Saturday I found I'd double ordered a  product.  The guy called the warehouse/distribution center and had the item removed.  That's my expectation of RPB customer service!

JLH

keep us posted. It's one thing for a CS rep to be clueless - it's another for them to be an ass, and while I don't want folks to lose their jobs, anyone calling a customer's comments "stupid" needs some serious re-training.

joeliniowa

I never got the call back I requested today... I'll try again tomorrow.  News at 10...