News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Top speed unlock - 25 mph still work Rad 6

Started by jcvdd, January 21, 2022, 04:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Jason3404

Just got two RadRunner Plus and I was able to change the top speed on both of them.

jastewart325

Jobster's procedure above worked for me today on my City 5Plus.

jahjohnjackson

Please listen you cannot go wrong with the Bolton bikes 35amp controller and display upgrade!!!  I own a radwagon 4, and even  under heavy load, it is an absolute powerhouse and goes 25-27mph.  or you can buy an eggrider display also,but i have not tested that. ; ;D

ericwn

Quote from: jahjohnjackson on April 22, 2022, 08:29:14 AM
Please listen you cannot go wrong with the Bolton bikes 35amp controller and display upgrade!!!  I own a radwagon 4, and even  under heavy load, it is an absolute powerhouse and goes 25-27mph.  or you can buy an eggrider display also,but i have not tested that. ; ;D
Both devices don't work with the new bikes yet.

avocadocity

Quote from: jastewart325 on April 12, 2022, 09:52:40 PM
Jobster's procedure above worked for me today on my City 5Plus.

Did you buy the city 5 recently ?  ie in the last couple of weeks ?  I'm planning on buying one and hoping the speed unlock still works.

andyroo0516

Quote from: jobster on March 07, 2022, 01:10:15 PM
You must first hold the DOWN pedal assist button on the left and the LIGHT button at the same time on the left LCD display. Hold for approximately 5 seconds. Then hold all 3 buttons: Hold the pedal assist UP and DOWN button and the LIGHT button at the same time (hold for about 10 seconds).

Confirmed that this will work on a RadRover 6 Plus, I just got mine on Friday (April 28, 2022).

All set! 

tbrooks123

My Rad Rover 6 plus was delivered May 2nd and I was easily able to increase max speed to 40 KM/HR.  Works great!

Bonus tip.  If you press the headlight button in the speed program mode you have a choice of setting the max watts for the motor.  you can set it to 250, 500 or 750 - I guess in case you want to limit the juice for a rider.  Accidental discovery.