News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

New Bike, newbie and lights don't work

Started by Hanko374, April 07, 2022, 10:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Hanko374

I just received my Rad City 5 plus. Put it all together per video/manual with relative ease. Went for my first spin and found my lights don't work, it was evening. Neither the headlight or the tail light would turn on. The brake lights however do work. Also noticed that both the headlight and tail light will blink momentarily when I shut the power off. All the electrical connections appear to be good and everything else appears to work fine.
I'm a bit disappointing as this is a brand new bike and quite frankly shouldn't have these problems. Has any one else experienced these issues or have fixes for this. Send an inquiry to RAD but haven't had a response yet. The last measure is to return the bike

Thanks for any help,
Hank

Si1Dia

I had the same issue on one of my bikes. Rad had me disconnect the headlight, then turn on the bike and see if the taillight came on. it did in my case. they sent out a new headlight and it has worked ever since.

Hanko374

Just went through an identical procedure with Rad service. Not as lucky as you, in my case it looks like I need a new controller. They are shipping me a new one, hopefully they aren't back ordered.

Broker

Have the exact same problem with my RadCity 5 Plus, which I received last week and had a pro assemble. Rad is sending me a new controller, as soon as they get more in from their supplier. Everything else seems to work fine so far.

R3dEagle

Unfortunately Rad doesn?t have the controller in stock for the 5 plus. I received my bike last week but neither my throttle or PAS work at all.

When I spoke to them on Tuesday they said they have no ETA on when they?ll be getting more controllers in stock. I submitted a request to have a replacement bike sent out in the meantime. If they choose not to replace my bike within the 14 day window I?ll just return it and maybe pick up a rad city 4 instead since 3rd party parts are more available for that model.

R3dEagle

Quote from: Hanko374 on April 08, 2022, 03:48:44 PM
Just went through an identical procedure with Rad service. Not as lucky as you, in my case it looks like I need a new controller. They are shipping me a new one, hopefully they aren't back ordered.
They are currently back ordered to the best of my knowledge. The first guy I spoke to told me they had them in stock and it would ship immediately. Called them a day later and was told they haven?t had them in stock for nearly a month and don?t have an eta of their next shipment.

JimInPT

Quote from: R3dEagle on May 25, 2022, 10:58:55 PMThey are currently back ordered to the best of my knowledge. The first guy I spoke to told me they had them in stock and it would ship immediately. Called them a day later and was told they haven?t had them in stock for nearly a month and don?t have an eta of their next shipment.

That does not speak well for Rad's inventory-management system.  I wonder where they're spending the $150 million investment capital raised a year or so ago?
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.