News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Top speed unlock - 25 mph still work Rad 6

Started by jcvdd, January 21, 2022, 04:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

jcvdd

Hello -
Has anyone with a recent Rad 6 Plus purchase been able to increase the maximum throttle only speed to 25 mph
by reprogramming the bicycles LCD display? I have heard that as of November 2021,
Rad eliminated the ability for the consumer to change this feature. Thanks

Gecko

Mine (RR6+), shipped early November, doesn't seem to allow the change.

jcvdd

Quote from: Gecko on January 23, 2022, 05:14:41 AM

Thank you sir and for me that's a deal breaker. I guess I'll be looking at the Aventon which is a very similar bike anyways.
Thanks for your reply.

JimInPT

Quote from: Jay West on January 24, 2022, 01:27:24 PM
Look Here  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z6VF2LzUD8 

Jay, Ryan produced that vid back in September and there seems to be some divergence of feedback and opinion about whether the very-latest-shipped units since November/December or so can still be .... ummm, "improved" or not.  It's possible Rad has somehow put a better lock on the door.  I don't think we have definitive info yet, though.

There's always the replacement controller/display route, hopefully available now or soon for the new models, but unless reversible that would be a warranty voider.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

jcvdd

Quote from: JimInPT on January 24, 2022, 02:35:57 PM
Quote from: Jay West on January 24, 2022, 01:27:24 PM
Look Here  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z6VF2LzUD8 

Jay, Ryan produced that vid back in September and there seems to be some divergence of feedback and opinion about whether the very-latest-shipped units since November/December or so can still be .... ummm, "improved" or not.  It's possible Rad has somehow put a better lock on the door.  I don't think we have definitive info yet, though.

There's always the replacement controller/display route, hopefully available now or soon for the new models, but unless reversible that would be a warranty voider.

Exactly. I ""believe""  that all the Rad bikes shipped out now no longer have the opinion of increasing the top speed and this feature has been disabled. Still waiting for verification from a new owner if this feature has been disabled.

Ryan

I'm not saying Rad didn't change the ability to do this but be sure you are following the instructions exactly. You need to be in the advanced settings first in order to be able to access the 'secret settings'. I have a RR+ that was delivered this month I can check on this week and report back.

Gecko

Quote from: Ryan on January 24, 2022, 08:54:16 PM

I'm not saying Rad didn't change the ability to do this but be sure you are following the instructions exactly. You need to be in the advanced settings first in order to be able to access the 'secret settings'. I have a RR+ that was delivered this month I can check on this week and report back.

I WAS WRONG!!!
I was able to change the top assist speed on my November-delivered RR6+.  All is right with the world, no more sudden drag on the pedals when I hit twenty; the extra five will be very useful.

sj22

Just got my bike shipped and received in Jan 2022 and 40kmph upgrade still works. (Being Canadian) no option to increase to 750W. Hopefully there will be a workaround for this.

lucdrb

Hi,

I've got my new 6+ and I want to increase the speed but the video isn't available anymore can you tell me the steps to do it?

Thanks for your help

Luc

Stealthbobber06

Sj22  do you mind sharing the steps you used to upgrade speed?  Thanks

Gecko

Note that it doesn't raise the assist fully to 25mph, it starts reducing wattage at 21-22 and by 25 mine is down to about 125 watts.  With the throttle only it will get up to 22-23 at most.  But it is still worth it.  Check all the threads regarding this topic, one of them had a description of how to get to the second level programming where the speed increase is possible.

Gecko

Quote from another thread:

When I personally experienced the 1d error it was because I was not already in the settings menu. You must first hold the DOWN pedal assist button on the left and the LIGHT button at the same time on the left LCD display. Hold for approximately 5 seconds. Then hold all 3 buttons: Hold the pedal assist UP and DOWN button and the LIGHT button at the same time (hold for about 10 seconds).

jobster

You must first hold the DOWN pedal assist button on the left and the LIGHT button at the same time on the left LCD display. Hold for approximately 5 seconds. Then hold all 3 buttons: Hold the pedal assist UP and DOWN button and the LIGHT button at the same time (hold for about 10 seconds).

Sammy11

Rad Rhino 6+ EU 250w version only goes to 32km/h with the extra menu and i cannot find to increase wattage from 250w to 500w or 750w.

All in all a great bike !