News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RadMission Communication Error Troubleshooting

Started by MyTill, May 08, 2021, 11:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

MyTill

In the middle of my last RadMission ride the PAS level lights on my LED display suddenly started flashing and then within a minute or so I completely lost power.  Rad customer support pointed me to a helpful online RadMission Communication Error Troubleshooting Guide (which might suggest that the problem is not that unusual). I resolved the problem, which was in the LED display connector which had somehow gotten unscrewed and detached. The guide, however, has as a first step a disconnect/reconnect of the battery tray connector. Since that is a more difficult connector to get at, I suggest that anyone with a similar issue first check the LED display connector, which may save you some time and effort.

Dan

I also found that removing my batter from the tray, then reinserting it to make sure it was fully engaged, solved an error code 30 problem.  My tight-fitting battery cover sometimes inhibits the battery from seating properly.  Also applied a little electrical grease to the terminals. 

MyTill

To help with battery insertion/removal I picked up on a suggestion in some user forum to apply candle wax on the track and the tray. It reduces friction without attracting any grit or other substance that a liquid would.