News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Radrunner passenger backrest and handlebars

Started by Jman, March 27, 2021, 02:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Jman

Here is my solution to the lack of backrest and handlebars offered by Rad for the Radrunner passenger package.  It's a bit crude but it works and didn't require any metal working.  The handlebar setup is made from PVC pipe and is wrapped in black ductape just to change the color from white to black.  The backrest is a piece from a passenger kit on Amazon and is bolted to a T bracket which is then Ziptied to the bike.

MAR DMR 72

Hi folks.  I just got a Rad Runner 2 and I bought the passenger package.  I?m looking for a backrest for it.  I?ve seen what you?ve done here and looks good.  Is yours a Rad Runner 2?

Naranja_CT5+

I think it would be more sturdy if you have used a couple of elbows and make an upside down U. Then secure it on the metal tubing of your rear rack.

@MAR DMR 72
Try searching for Motorcycle passenger backrest, a little pricey tho
In Canada it's called ehBike

John Rose

Here ya go - "sissy bar"!

When I were a lad outgrowing my 24" single-speed with coaster brakes, I put one of these on it and found that I could climb hills while carrying a bag of groceries in one arm and steering with the other.
It's a bit tricky to mount unless it's on a step-through frame.
RadMini ST 2 / RadExpand 5