Author Topic: Bolton Controller Radpower Upgrade Kit  (Read 8310 times)

RadDad

• View Profile
Bolton Controller Radpower Upgrade Kit
« on: March 25, 2021, 09:35:12 PM »
Has anyone installed the Bolton Radpower upgrade kit Controller on the Radwagon 4? How did you mount it and in the same spot as the stock controller? We live up a pretty long, steep hill with several stop lights and I’ve found PAS 5 with two kids on the back and lower gears still requires a good amount of muscle, especially if I miss a green light.

cheap shot

• View Profile
Re: Bolton Controller Radpower Upgrade Kit
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 09:35:17 PM »
Just installed this on my radwagon 4.  Ryan is putting a video together while I am already making a better version of the temporary mount for it.  We were able to fit it hanging upside down from the stock controller position.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 11:42:13 AM »
Well this is perfect timing! Here is the video of our installation of the Bolton Ebikes controller on my brother's RadWagon 4: https://youtu.be/5HDTTVN_QXY

Seth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 02:12:56 PM »
I recently got the new controller installed on my new Radmini. I also noticed that you received the screen with a neat upgraded display. I have nothing bad to say about the display I think it is way more interesting to look at. Also, installing on the mini was not easy, a little creativity and reengineering is required.

FortunatelyTheMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 04:09:26 PM »
That's a nice display!

Jimlad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2021, 05:35:13 AM »
Love this kit but feel the wires are a tad short for the radwagon4

I guess the wood mount is the best option ? Mine is hanging free with about 10 cable ties at the moment.

Loulou718

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 01:24:13 AM »
I recently got the new controller installed on my new Radmini. I also noticed that you received the screen with a neat upgraded display. I have nothing bad to say about the display I think it is way more interesting to look at. Also, installing on the mini was not easy, a little creativity and reengineering is required.

Did you also have to solder wires as well to extend any cables, etc. I have no experience in that, thats the only thing holding me back from purchasing the kit. I wish it was plug and play for the mini

Jimlad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 06:12:55 AM »
You don't need to solder any wires. For the radwagon 4 it's a tight fit but goes in plug and play.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2021, 07:45:06 AM »
In our performance test video we show our updated and clean install: https://youtu.be/3k_Y-cgNKKQ

No need to extend any of the cables.

aegert

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2021, 01:59:56 PM »
Hey awesome vids and info. You guys rock! Will be buying another rad wagon 4 for burning man and will
Totally use tour link. Thanks!!

Is there any chance to get a posted template or measurements of the wood board with hole layout?  I’d totally duplicate this for 2 bikes thanks so much in advance!

Adam

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2021, 06:34:47 AM »
Hey awesome vids and info. You guys rock! Will be buying another rad wagon 4 for burning man and will
Totally use tour link. Thanks!!

Is there any chance to get a posted template or measurements of the wood board with hole layout?  I’d totally duplicate this for 2 bikes thanks so much in advance!

Adam

Hi Adam, thanks for the support! Taking a RW 4 to Burning Man sounds like a lot of fun! Not sure about the template - my brother is working on some custom boards and there is a chance we will do an updated accessories video.

aegert

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2021, 05:37:45 AM »
Well this is perfect timing! Here is the video of our installation of the Bolton Ebikes controller on my brother's RadWagon 4: https://youtu.be/5HDTTVN_QXY

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5HDTTVN_QXY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ryan thanks awesome vid!! My controller arrives today for install on my radwagon 4. Any chance you guys did a template for the final controller board? Any help would be amazing and deeply appreciated. Thanks

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2021, 06:35:06 PM »

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5HDTTVN_QXY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ryan thanks awesome vid!! My controller arrives today for install on my radwagon 4. Any chance you guys did a template for the final controller board? Any help would be amazing and deeply appreciated. Thanks

We did not, sorry. It's on my brother's RadWagon. But it's pretty easy to trace once you take the old controller off.

aegert

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2021, 12:35:59 PM »
Thanks Yes that is the plan. Do you think it fits mounted on the board up top or only below?

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2021, 05:14:35 PM »
Thanks Yes that is the plan. Do you think it fits mounted on the board up top or only below?

We were really struggling to make it work on top. It *might* be possible but it seemed like below was the better choice since you have lots of wire lengths you have to take into consideration.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2021, 05:14:35 PM »