News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

The dilemma: Rad mini 4 or RadRunner Plus

Started by anotherviktor, November 17, 2020, 03:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

anotherviktor

I've been on a quest for my first e-bike for a while now and after a lot of research I was leaning heavily on ordering the Rad Mini ( currently on backorder in EU ) but then Rad brought back the RadRunner Plus on the European website and I'm now on a dilemma, going back and forth on pros and cons.

I want to clarify that I always loved how the RadRunner looks ( retro design ) but I wouldn't be considering the single-speed model and nor something without at least front suspension. But the RR Plus alleviates both those issues, bringing me to my current dilemma.

I will be mostly doing urban riding, somewhat hilly area and with many poor quality stretches of road but I'm interested in some off-road fun. The folding aspect of the Rad Mini is not high in my priority list, it has more to do with the form factor ( size ).

Two big question marks that prevent me from settling on the RR Plus instead of the Rad Mini are:

• Some bad reviews for the seat+seatpost of the original RadRunner ( which is the same with plus ) which means I'd have to certainly upgrade*
  • Lack of comprehensive reviews, overall - and yes, it's actually the "same" bike with RR 1 but still...

*: On the other hand, I'd probably upgrade the Mini's seat too

Any input - especially from anyone that has gotten the Plus in their hands already is more than welcomed!

sc00ter

Welcome! Here's my 2 cents. I have a RadRunner 1. Have around 1500 miles on it since getting it in the last few months. I was also looking at both. I picked the 'Runner because I wanted a motorcycle top case on the back rack (no passengers) and didn't care about the folding option. It works 100% perfect for my uses. Now, I'm still thinking about picking up a RadMini as well. If I could get my wife to try a ebike I'm sure she would like it, but for now the 'Mini would be for friends to ride. Plus I could toss it in my Honda Fit when driving into a city. Both are solid choices as neither one will break the bank and are excellent introductions into ebikes. It would come down to if you want the passenger hauling option or the folding option I guess. I've personally never seen a 'Mini in person. And don't worry about the seat(s) as they are a personal choice anyways. I have a fat beach cruiser seat with a cheap pogo seat post on my 'Runner. Sure I would do the same with the 'Mini.

Ryan

Is price a large consideration for you? If not, I'd go RadRunner Plus. Having the integrated rear rack with the capability to haul a passenger or groceries is huge. This coming from the perspective of a RadWagon owner, which we absolutely love due to the versatility. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

spyder918

I agree with Ryan.  I'd go RRunner Plus.  If I could go back I would've gotten the RRunner Plus for sure.

anotherviktor

Thank you everyone for the input! It helped me to pull the trigger for the RadRunner Plus! Hopefully in a month or so I'll be riding rad  :D