Author Topic: RadRunner Seat Cusion  (Read 10276 times)

RVCalypso

• View Profile
RadRunner Seat Cusion
« on: October 11, 2020, 05:38:29 PM »
My wife and I just purchased two new RadRunners. I changed out my seat and post immediately. My wife bought the passenger package. She is trying to find a padded cushin to fit the factory seat. At 5'4" swapping the seat post and seat are not really an option. She needs the seat to be as low as possible. Any suggestions?

Altema

• View Profile
Re: RadRunner Seat Cusion
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 09:09:29 AM »
I found several on Amazon, though you would have to look for ones that do not add thickness to the back of the seat since the passenger seat is almost touching. I don't know the RadRunner seat dimensions, but many of the covers list their dimensions. If you search for "gel bicycle seat cover", it will give you a list.

RVCalypso

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 05:00:15 PM »
I found several on Amazon, though you would have to look for ones that do not add thickness to the back of the seat since the passenger seat is almost touching. I don't know the RadRunner seat dimensions, but many of the covers list their dimensions. If you search for "gel bicycle seat cover", it will give you a list.

We have purchased and returned a couple on Amazon already. We just received the third one today and it actually fits the stock seat (a very odd size saddle.) We ordered: https://amzn.to/3764K1b
We will take a ride this evening and see how it feels to her.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 06:53:07 PM by Ryan »

RVCalypso

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 10:54:05 PM »
We dis a short ride and she likes it. There could be more padding, this seat cover has about 1" of gel. She said it is much better!

patrickwise

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2021, 03:18:47 AM »
This SGODDE seat cushion is very thick but surprisingly soft. I can even press the cushion through my fingers. Although it feels very soft and thick, it remains its form and shape when it is not in use. It eliminates the pain which I always feel when using the stock bike seat. This seat is suitable and comfortable for both myself (male, 220 lb) and my wife (female, 145 lbs).
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 08:50:10 PM by patrickwise »

charl18

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 02:10:02 AM »
I've not done much research into this but a while ago my Dad bought something called a Putnam Stadium Seat Cushion. It's designed for disabled people, so we bought ours from a pharmacy. He hasn't used it on the bike yet but he is a professional driver and uses it 6 days a week whilst driving and thinks it's great. Can't remember exactly but I think it was about a tenner, may be worth a look.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 02:10:02 AM »