Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 117141 times)

Tim Scott

• View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself!
« Reply #240 on: June 01, 2021, 02:43:04 PM »
Hi I'm Tim from Norwich, UK, had my Radrunner for a couple of weeks now and I'm really loving it so far. Got it set up for me and my 8 yo daughter at the minute, for school run and commuting and anything else I can use it for 😁👍

Cwroady

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 08, 2021, 06:54:06 AM »
Greetings, Chris from OC, SoCal. Picked up a 2018 City ST for RV trips .. quickly realized 1 wouldn't be enough so got another identical bike for the better half. We are both enjoying them well beyond RV trips. We are riding to one of the Grandkids baseball games today ;-)   

JimInPT

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 11, 2021, 01:25:20 PM »
Howdy!  I'm Jim, have had a RadMini Step-Thru 2 since March, love it so far, and my preferred pronoun is "your/his majesty".
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 01:05:59 PM by JimInPT »
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

JimInPT

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 12, 2021, 01:10:48 PM »
Hello, I’m Miller from South Carolina and the proud owner of a Radrunner Plus. I hope to meet some people here who have figured out some things for their rad bikes like where do you attach a mirror?

I’ve modified a 60” utility bar tray to carry my bike, not totally satisfied with it but it works for now. Will try to upload a picture.

I use Mirrycycle bar-end mirrors (easy to find at bike shops and online) on my Rad Mini Step-Thru and they're fantastic; inexpensive, very sturdy and they don't move once tightened down (that process is a bit squeaky and scary the first time, but heed the instructions to keep tightening; it won't break).  Have one mounted up/outward on the left and the other down/inward on the right - a trail entrance near home has narrow clearance between a tree and a fence.  Here's a photo of how they're set up.  And by the way, love your Vice-grips; along with duct tape they're the handyman's secret weapon.

Update: Here's Ryan's affiliate link to the product, current price is a little less than I paid a couple months ago at same URL: 
https://amzn.to/3pJ69lW

« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 08:39:24 AM by Ryan »
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

jdavidm

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 12, 2021, 07:07:55 PM »
Hello everyone :)
I'm new to this forum and hail from the front range of Colorado. My wife just ordered and received a Rad City ST. She was told it might be six weeks before she received it but it showed up in less than a week. Ordered June 4 and it was delivered June 10!!! Amazingly fast!  It took about an hour to assemble it. I already have some questions for you experienced ebike users so I'll head over to the General Forum and post my questions there.
David

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 13, 2021, 08:17:00 AM »
Welcome Tim, Chris, Jim and David. Thanks for joining us! Be sure to check out our ebike accessories list if you're looking to outfit your new ebikes. It also helps support the forum: https://ebikeescape.com/electric-bike-accessories/

Kenzo35

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 22, 2021, 05:16:34 PM »
Hello, everyone. Ken here from Medicine Hat, Alberta. I own (and love) a 2018 Rad City. Lots of great cycling paths here in the Hat. This bike is a life changer. I’m on it almost every day even in the winter unless the paths are icy. It’s nice to see more and more people riding ebikes. I’ve yet to meet someone who bought an ebike and didn’t like it.

RadWagMarv

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 27, 2021, 06:38:26 AM »
Hello all-

I have a RadWagon 4 on it's way to me. Me being me, and one that cannot leave anything alone, been looking into getting a little more performance out of it has brought me here. Quite the wealth of info here and been reading through alot of the back posts.

I am a pretty serious MTB'er, my own mechanic and have a very good understanding of bike components and drivetrain systems of all levels. I can help troubleshoot and or provide advise for anything related to the mechanical systems of the bikes. Electronics is completely out of my league though.

wkindred

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 28, 2021, 05:53:45 AM »
Hello all-

I have a RadWagon 4 on it's way to me. Me being me, and one that cannot leave anything alone, been looking into getting a little more performance out of it has brought me here. Quite the wealth of info here and been reading through alot of the back posts.

I am a pretty serious MTB'er, my own mechanic and have a very good understanding of bike components and drivetrain systems of all levels. I can help troubleshoot and or provide advise for anything related to the mechanical systems of the bikes. Electronics is completely out of my league though.

hi marv!

welcome to the forum!

where do hail from?

- will

RadWagMarv

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 28, 2021, 07:11:36 PM »
I'm in southern CA. Thanks!

Corbin Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 01, 2021, 05:06:28 PM »
Hello,

My wife and I purchased two RadRunners last summer. She opted for the matte green RR1 whilst I decided to go for the Plus mainly for the gears. However,  I just sold my RR+ to a lovely family last week not because I didn't enjoy it but rather because I am expecting my RadWagon 4 any week now! We have 4 kids, including a toddler and an eight year old who are super excited about not having to take turns anymore! We are looking forward to getting back to our day trips on the Wagon. My order is sadly delayed but hopefully I'll have it sooner rather than later.

Customer service has been nothing if not phenomenal and I couldn't be happier with the quality of the bikes thus far. I have no doubt that the RW4 will be everything we need and them some. In fact, I'll be selling my truck once the RW4 arrives. I plan on going all in and making the RW4 my pick up replacement year round.

Thanks Ryan for your informative videos and for this site. It's part of what makes our bike ownership... well, rad! Keep up the great work!

RadNotDad

• Not a Dad, yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 02, 2021, 03:51:08 PM »
Hi there! Just ordered my RadRunner Plus and am waiting for it to come in... Excited to begin commuting on that instead of my car.

This is my first ebike, but I've been biking casually for years. Just enjoyed riding around the city and discovering paths.

Recently moved to a much more bike friendly area that's closer to some public transit options, so I'm stoke to replace my car for the most part!

Pavane

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 03, 2021, 07:05:53 PM »
Hi all,

I live in Ridgeway (Fort Erie) Ontario, Canada, and bought a RAD Rover Step-Thru Mk I (white) last year for my wife.  She has mobility issues and couldn't use it, so I gave it a try.  I love it and use it a couple of time per week in the summer (240 km so far).  Every time I stop for a break, people come over to ask about the bike.  I am lucky to have a nearby, level, paved trail based on an abandoned rail line.  It runs from Fort Erie to Port Colbourne (24 km) across the north shore of Lake Erie, with Ridgeway situated in the middle.

My daughter bought me a cell phone holder for my bike and I installed it yesterday.  It was funny on my ride today to have it as a GPS, on a bicycle.  Technology can be wonderful.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 09:34:59 AM by Pavane »
RAD Rover Step-Thru owner.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 13, 2021, 08:03:13 PM »
Welcome Ken, RadWagMarv, Corbin, RadNotDad and Pavane! I love hearing people replacing car trips as that is our main use case as well!

MurderNote

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 20, 2021, 09:20:26 PM »
Hi All I picked the RR1 and it got here a few weeks ago after being back ordered. And then I had surgery so I can’t ride it yet. It is my first e-bike. I actually sold one of my motorcycles to buy it so I hope I love it!
In the meantime I’ve been slowly putting all the upgrades I got, and/or am making for it. I’m excited to post about it when it’s all said and done.
I rode a Byrd scooter one time in Baltimore and have never stopped thinking about it so I have a feeling I made the right decision.
This is a great forum by the way. I’ll be sure to use any links if it’s stuff I’m looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #254 on: July 20, 2021, 09:20:26 PM »