Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 117073 times)

H20man

• View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself!
« Reply #225 on: April 16, 2021, 10:05:02 PM »
Purchased the wife a RadCity ST with 468 miles on it yesterday so she can start eBiking with me.  I have built my eBike 5 years ago and been fine tuning it thru 3 revisions now.  Found this forum and joined.

jbfoster

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 17, 2021, 11:07:31 AM »
My wife has no desire to get and ride a Ebike so for now it's just me.

Jim

TallyRad

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 18, 2021, 10:00:15 AM »
I bought a Rover in Dec and finally crossed the 100 threshold. Now that the temps are warming up I expect to be very active on my ebike. I live happily retired in Tallahassee, Fl.

Radillac

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 18, 2021, 10:38:23 AM »
I bought a Rover in Dec and finally crossed the 100 threshold. Now that the temps are warming up I expect to be very active on my ebike. I live happily retired in Tallahassee, Fl.
Welcome to the forum TallyRad.

indy_ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 19, 2021, 11:07:39 AM »
RadCity StepThru is coming on Thursday and I'll be riding that into work (26 miles round trip) come June. I used to ride into work a couple times a month but it's slow going and I'd have to change clothes. This should halve the time (I took it easy) and keep my clothes decent. We're just starting to go back to the office and for the foreseeable future it'll be 2 days a week. I still have to drive oldest kid to and from school due to Covid. But from June forward they'll be out and then hopefully back on the bus in fall. The plan is for this to be my primary commuting vehicle, whenever weather permits.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 19, 2021, 07:04:22 PM »
Thanks Radillac for being the welcoming committee :)

Clearly, I am behind, but welcome to the forum all! It is truly great to see so many active membersl

Miller

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 23, 2021, 09:08:57 AM »
Hello, I’m Miller from South Carolina and the proud owner of a Radrunner Plus. I hope to meet some people here who have figured out some things for their rad bikes like where do you attach a mirror?

I’ve modified a 60” utility bar tray to carry my bike, not totally satisfied with it but it works for now. Will try to upload a picture.
75yo cyclist for 30+ years. Loving my Radrunner plus. Hope to find some mods I want like where best to put a mirror and hand panniers.

Radillac

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 23, 2021, 09:32:31 AM »
Welcome to the forum @Miller. That is some serious DIY trailer work you got there. I bought the Hollywood rack for my Rover, to haul on the back of my Explorer. While I know it is designed to carry the weight, I still watch it like a hawk while I'm driving. I can visualize my bike coming off the rack and causing a "CHiPs" style catastrophe behind me. Not to impune your handiwork, of course, but I have trust issues. LOL

papakins

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 03, 2021, 05:44:03 PM »
I just bought two RadCity step thru 3 bikes for my wife and me.  We are "senior" adults (OK, we're running up on 70) and enjoy getting outside for hiking, kayaking, and riding.  We embrace the idea in the Desiderata that says, "Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth".

OK, so I can't ride my road bike as well as I once did.  That doesn't mean that we can't still enjoy getting some exercise on a bike.  I can still ride; if I need a bit of help, I'll gladly take it.

My wife's bike came in last Saturday and mine will be here Thursday.  We tried hers as soon as we got it assembled and it is amazing.  We're looking forward to many trips and have several trips planned for the near future including riding the historical trails at Yorktown, VA and the many greenways around our home.

gtrz07

• View Profile
Introduce yourself!
« Reply #234 on: May 03, 2021, 08:14:42 PM »
Hi Rad group, my name is Beam, we have a 1 year old daughter and a 4 year old son. My wife and I didn’t know how much we were going to love our 2021 radrunner +’s. We live in sunny SoCal. We are always looking for any excuse to get out and hop on the bikes. Ebikes have opened endless opportunities to explore since we live in a hilly area which otherwise with regular bikes it would never had happened. Needless to mention our kids love them too, they almost cry when we tell them we’re done and going back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 11:36:23 AM by gtrz07 »

Dearsong

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 09, 2021, 08:55:48 AM »
Hi RAD Group.

My name is Harry. I live in Canada in Southern Ontario. I ordered a RadRover Step Thru in March. Still waiting for delivery. Is this normal? It's been 5 weeks. Maybe COVID is slowing things down or the Suez Canal incident. I have heart issues and so an ebike is perfect for me. I have been using a Giant Hybird ebike that is past due replacing. Anxiously waiting for my Rover. I've never ridden a fat bike before but I'm hoping it was a good choice.  Every accessory I wanted is sold out too.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 09, 2021, 05:16:05 PM »
Miller, Papakins, Beam and Dearsong! Thanks for joining us!

Miller - Many people like bar ends and others like handlebar mounted. Though the RadRunner's have different dimensions inside the handlebars so be sure to search around for others who have made it work. Here is a video on my favorite mirror brand (Hafny): https://youtu.be/dOxQ64eTyOQ
Beam - awesome to see the Yepp seats on the RadRunner +
Dearsong - yes delays are normal throughout the industry though they should have given you a pretty good estimate when you purchased.
Papakins - Awesome to hear you two getting out on your bikes. I like to say that ebikes are the great equalizers :)

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 29, 2021, 06:21:57 AM »
Hi boys and girls,
Mako for the great state of New Jersey here.
60 years young, father to a 12 year old boy and happily married for 29 years. And there’s the rub!
I’m ready to pull the trigger on a RadRover.  Financing through Affirm authorized,6 weeks for delivery due to stock shortages which provides ample time to prep and now all I need is to convince my better half of how beneficial this toy will be to all c0ncerned.
My worries are about the accoutrements i will inevitably need to support this new addiction.
She has been with me through many-from timepieces to knives,pens and firearms.
For example:
Can my standard rack support this bike or do I need to invest in a hitch mount rack?Dont have a hitch mount currently on my aged Subby Outback
I’ll need panniers,a back rack,front rack,lights,even a helmet!
I look forward to perusing this forum and learning from the learned on all topics Rad bike related and others.
Wishing everyone a safe Memorial Day weekend . Thank you to all who serve and have served our great country!

auger6890

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 30, 2021, 12:28:09 PM »
I'm Daniel & I recently ordered a RadRover5 in green LE.I just added a Rad Mission 1 in black,  to my collection.I'm living in Kingman, Az.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 01, 2021, 12:27:03 PM »
Welcome Mako and Daniel!

Mako, you will most definitely need a bike rack that can support the weight of your new ebike. Also check out our accessories list for recommendations on the other items you mentioned: https://ebikeescape.com/electric-bike-accessories/

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #239 on: June 01, 2021, 12:27:03 PM »