News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by Ryan, November 28, 2018, 08:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Mic

Hi to the forum I am Mic owner of a Rad Rhino since just before Christmas. Living on an Island off the North West Coast of Donegal Ireland. Having clocked up 1600km I have just renewed the rear tyre and changed the pads on the brakes. I would be interested to know is this about standard?

Quote from: Ryan on November 28, 2018, 08:18:56 AM
Hi all!

I am the proud owner of a 2018 Rad Wagon. It has been our favorite purchase ever and we put on 1800 miles in our first summer in Wisconsin. It's been a real joy to replace many of our in town car trips.

I've been amazed by the community around Rad Power Bikes and wanted to do my part in both furthering the community and the adoption of ebikes in general. I've been involved in running websites in the past and it is something I enjoy doing. I saw an opportunity for a forum dedicated to Rad Power Bikes which led to the creation of Rad Owners. I hope you find the forum beneficial and I want to thank those who take the time to share their knowledge with others. Rad on!  8)

Feel free to introduce yourself below!

flhtci2006

Hey fellow Radians,
So today my wife and I ordered our Rad Power Ebikes.  She's going with the Radrunner plus and I am going with the Rad Rover Step Thru 1 in black (because black makes me look thinner).  Looks like delivery will be July for mine and August for hers.  More later.

Ryan

Quote from: Mic on June 04, 2020, 09:31:49 AM
Hi to the forum I am Mic owner of a Rad Rhino since just before Christmas. Living on an Island off the North West Coast of Donegal Ireland. Having clocked up 1600km I have just renewed the rear tyre and changed the pads on the brakes. I would be interested to know is this about standard?

Welcome Mic. Can't comment as much on the tires but brakes is probably about right. We got a little more use out of ours with our Wagon and it seems like the second set is holding up even better. Curious what kind of riding you're doing that the tread wore down that fast. Maybe that's normal for fat bike tires. Any specific brand you purchased as replacements?

Ryan

Quote from: flhtci2006 on June 04, 2020, 04:25:30 PM
Hey fellow Radians,
So today my wife and I ordered our Rad Power Ebikes.  She's going with the Radrunner plus and I am going with the Rad Rover Step Thru 1 in black (because black makes me look thinner).  Looks like delivery will be July for mine and August for hers.  More later.

Welcome to the forum! You'll have to share some pictures of the RadRunner Plus and let us know what she thinks once it gets delivered. You'll love the RadRover step-thru.

Mic

Welcome Mic. Can't comment as much on the tires but brakes is probably about right. We got a little more use out of ours with our Wagon and it seems like the second set is holding up even better. Curious what kind of riding you're doing that the tread wore down that fast. Maybe that's normal for fat bike tires. Any specific brand you purchased as replacements?

Thanks for the reply. Lots of hills on the Island and off road through bog land and gravel roads plus a fair bit of beach riding have all contributed to the experience.  I replaced with Kenda Juggernaut same as was on. Incidentally the brake pads would probably have lasted another 500km

jennicappuccino

Quote from: Ryan on June 03, 2020, 07:09:15 PM
Quote from: jennicappuccino on June 03, 2020, 01:13:41 PM
Hey Guys!

My name is Jennica have I've had the RadRunner Plus in my cart for some days now since I am so indecisive on what ebike to actually purchase! I am hoping to gain a bit more knowledge on which RadRunner to purchase in this forum and then hopefully learn, share and contribute to the community!

I bought a regular bike just to get out of the house because of the pandemic, and although I am pretty young, the steep bay area hills got me! It left my experience displeasure-able so that is why I sought after ebikes. I am debating between the 1) RRPlus because of all the added accessories and power, 2) the Radrunner 1 for its affordability or 3) the Radcity Step through for its compact-ability. I tried scouring through people's feedback and the overall consensus is that you all loved your bikes despite the model which does not help me at all haha!

Excited to purchase soon so I can experience it in the nice weather we are having lately.  ;D

Hi Jennica, welcome to the forum! Just to clarify the RadRunner 1 and the RadRunner Plus have the same motor. Besides the accessories, between those two the biggest factor is whether you need the additional gears. Compared to the RadCity you're looking at a completely different riding style. The RadCity is going to feel more like a regular bike and the Runner is scooter style (though you can lift the seat). The RadRunner motor has twice the torque as the RadCity though that hasn't prevented us from tackling the biggest of hills with our RadWagon which also has the same motor as the RadCity. Hopefully this helps a little bit - let us know if you have any other questions. There are pros and cons to each, it ultimately is going to depend on your riding preference and the features you want out of your ebike.

Wow! Thanks Ryan! You are super knowledgeable on the bikes. I appreciate you taking the time to break it down. I have been thinking about it more and feel that the Radmini ST would be best since I am pretty vertically challenged but would also like to use the bike on all different kinds of terrain (mostly street though). I am a bit worried on the weight though. Its a mini and it folds but it does not mean its light. Still debating!  :o

Ryan

Quote from: jennicappuccino on June 08, 2020, 04:25:24 PM
Quote from: Ryan on June 03, 2020, 07:09:15 PM
Quote from: jennicappuccino on June 03, 2020, 01:13:41 PM
Hey Guys!

My name is Jennica have I've had the RadRunner Plus in my cart for some days now since I am so indecisive on what ebike to actually purchase! I am hoping to gain a bit more knowledge on which RadRunner to purchase in this forum and then hopefully learn, share and contribute to the community!

I bought a regular bike just to get out of the house because of the pandemic, and although I am pretty young, the steep bay area hills got me! It left my experience displeasure-able so that is why I sought after ebikes. I am debating between the 1) RRPlus because of all the added accessories and power, 2) the Radrunner 1 for its affordability or 3) the Radcity Step through for its compact-ability. I tried scouring through people's feedback and the overall consensus is that you all loved your bikes despite the model which does not help me at all haha!

Excited to purchase soon so I can experience it in the nice weather we are having lately.  ;D

Hi Jennica, welcome to the forum! Just to clarify the RadRunner 1 and the RadRunner Plus have the same motor. Besides the accessories, between those two the biggest factor is whether you need the additional gears. Compared to the RadCity you're looking at a completely different riding style. The RadCity is going to feel more like a regular bike and the Runner is scooter style (though you can lift the seat). The RadRunner motor has twice the torque as the RadCity though that hasn't prevented us from tackling the biggest of hills with our RadWagon which also has the same motor as the RadCity. Hopefully this helps a little bit - let us know if you have any other questions. There are pros and cons to each, it ultimately is going to depend on your riding preference and the features you want out of your ebike.

Wow! Thanks Ryan! You are super knowledgeable on the bikes. I appreciate you taking the time to break it down. I have been thinking about it more and feel that the Radmini ST would be best since I am pretty vertically challenged but would also like to use the bike on all different kinds of terrain (mostly street though). I am a bit worried on the weight though. Its a mini and it folds but it does not mean its light. Still debating!  :o

No problem, happy to help. Sounds like the RadMini might be a good option. Glad to hear you are thinking about the weight, I think this is something that some folks overlook.

davidlewis

Hello!
David here, bought a rad rover a few months back and just now starting to ride regularly to work (20km) plus additional riding around town. Love the bike and the exploring I'm able to do :)

Explorabook

What seemed like the longest wait ever, I finally have my RadRunner!

I ordered the RadRunner May 20th received it June 8th I am in Toronto, Ontario Canada it took pretty much the estimated time given to me 2 to 3 weeks. So far it is running great.

I am making the transition from e-scooter to a class 2 e-bike for a lighter bike and also the ability to pedal. So far loving the pedal-assist.

The only complaint so far is the seat I know many have complained and it truly is the most uncomfortable seat I have only taken it on very short rides and can't believe how bad it is, looking to replace asap.

Ryan

Welcome David! Awesome that you're using it for commuting. That was our use case and justification when we first purchased our RadWagon. Now that we have over 3,000 miles on it (and many used to replace car trips) I believe the bike has paid for itself.

@Explorabook - Congrats on the RadRunner - that's actually a quicker turnaround than I would have thought given the pandemic. I've heard similar comments about the seat. If you get a Cloud-9 (or something similar) and a suspension seatpost it will be a game changer.

Explorabook

Thanks, Ryan!

I am consulting your accessories list which is great as is the entire forum such a great resource.
I read thru many of the posts before I committed to the RadRunner and Rad Power as a company thank you for all your work.

Ride on Rad!

Cru Jones 33

Good day everyone,

My wife and I got our RadMini and RedMini step through Back in December 2019. We love our bikes you can pedal as much as you want or as least as you want. Also great for interval training, pedal really hard then coast..... pedal really hard you get the picture. As you can see from our picture we have a couple of modifications so far. Also if you caught it my username its a nod too Rad the movie. Mike from Rad Power Bikes also mentions the movie in this review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrxKZhqgw7c yeah if you guys haven't checked out that movie I strongly suggest it if you are a BMX fan or a Cheesy 80s movie fan! lol  Anyway Stay Rad Stay Safe!
Stay RAD Stay SAFE

Customstockz

Hi all!

I'm from Brooklyn nyc! and I own a Radmini Fatbike!

Ryan

@Cru Jones - Welcome! They really nailed the company name and Mike and Ty just seem like great genuine guys. It's fun to see them part of the older videos. Perhaps someday I'll get to interview them for my YouTube channel. I've only seen snippets of the Rad movie so I'll have to check it out.

@Customstockz Thanks for joining us!

wkindred

hi folks!

will, 63 year-old rider from des moines, iowa here. used my "stimulus" check to purchase a radrunner 1 on 4-17-20.

current mods and add-ons include the following:

1859 northwest "ja e-bike throttle attachment"

ergon "gc1 (nexus / rohloff) handgrips"

"save your seat lock"

shimano "pd-gr500 pedals"

rad power "full radrunner fenders"

himiway "ebike headlight"

juiced bikes "scorpion mirrors"

yescom "30l xl tail box"

ironflask "water bottle" in zefal "pulse universal bottle cage"

monster "s310 bluetooth speaker" in zefal "pulse universal bottle cage"

puluz "gopro camera mount"

mobius "maxi hd camera"

gub "plus 6 cell phone mount"

stem captain "clock"

juiced bikes "horn / alarm"

qkurt "bike trailer coupler"

allen sport "yoogo cargo trailer cz2"

retrospec "rover waggin' pet trailer"

bolton "radpower upgrade"

bolton "20 inch suspension fork"

bolton (juin tech) "m1 hydraulic brake calipers"

love the bolton ebikes power upgrade - no increase to the top end but definitely a lot more torque than the stock setup...and has cruise control!

have over 700 miles on the bike since purchased...always sporting a big smile during my cruises!

ride rad!