News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Kinekt Seat Post

Started by rsghowellnj, April 01, 2022, 07:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

rsghowellnj

Looking at the Kinekt Seat Post that you have has a recommended seat post for the RAD power bikes (specifically RADExpand 5).  I realize that I need to get a 27.5mm diameter but struggling with the length.  The SR Suntour that Rad sells is 27.2 mm x 400 mm.  So I figure I would need a legnth of 400mm on the Kinekt.  Unfortunately the carbon fiber max length is 380mm and the aluminum comes in a length of either 350mm or 420mm.  The Carbon Fiber comes in a length of 330mm or 380mm.  What is the best fit length for the RadExpand 5?  Does anyone know?

Radio Runner

I wouldn't bother with a Carbon post on an already heavy bike. Aluminum in 400m will be fine.

rsghowellnj

Okay so now I'm back to looking the aluminum.  The KINEKT comes in a length of 350mm and 420mm.  Does anyone know if the 420mm length will work on the RADExpand 5?

NaturallyRC

I've got a 350mm sprung post (Amazon, cheap, like it) on my Mini, and with a 32 inseam, it works for me. Sometimes I lower it, but mostly it's up all the way -- 100mm tucked into the seat tube, the remainder exposed. Same as Radio, I don't lose sleep over the added weight on a bike that's already 70 plus pounds. Cheers.

Quote from: rsghowellnj on April 02, 2022, 04:19:22 AM
Okay so now I'm back to looking the aluminum.  The KINEKT comes in a length of 350mm and 420mm.  Does anyone know if the 420mm length will work on the RADExpand 5?

rsghowellnj

Thank you NaturallyRC .... I'm a 30 inseam so I assume that I will also be okay with the 350mm?  I'm 5'9 tall.

NaturallyRC

Sounds about right. I know some hammerheads like a fully extended leg, but my own knee is bent a bit at the bottom of the pedal stroke. I can touch the ground with my toe and still stay in the saddle, at stoplights.

Quote from: rsghowellnj on April 02, 2022, 08:13:41 AM
Thank you NaturallyRC .... I'm a 30 inseam so I assume that I will also be okay with the 350mm?  I'm 5'9 tall.

rsghowellnj

NaturallyRC

Awesome. Kindly report back after a bunch of miles, and let us know what you think.

Quote from: rsghowellnj on April 17, 2022, 06:56:04 PM
Worked out perfectly

rsghowellnj

Rover

I just swapped on a 400mm seat post to the City 5 plus and I'm 5'8". The stock post was 350 and too short for me. I'm a 30" inseam.

rsghowellnj

@Rover - thank you.  I may have to do the same.  My inseam is the same.  I'm not getting full leg extension but I have not reached the "minimum" on the 350mm.  Did you go with a 3rd party seat post?