News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

250W EU Rad with EggRider V2?

Started by Kari, June 06, 2021, 06:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Kari

Does anyone have experience of 250W EU Rad with EggRider V2? Is it worth buying?
I am a happy owner of new RadMini 4 (250W) for a couple of days and I would be super happy with some extra power. But not trying to build a rocket.

Blasterqueen

Hi, were you able to find out if it works? Just ordered a Radmini 4 EU myself

Tony

I don't know about the Eggrider but I did find the 250 EU Mini lacking in power when going up a steep hill with my grandson on the back and extra shopping loaded. So I fitted the upgrade 35 amp controller from Big Game Bikes , problem solved .

Kari

Quote from: Blasterqueen on June 12, 2021, 03:04:05 PM
Hi, were you able to find out if it works? Just ordered a Radmini 4 EU myself

No, not yet. But I ordered one (from Big Game Bikes) and I hope it arrives soon.
I'll report here when I have some experience from it.

anotherviktor

Eggrider V2 works great with EU RR(+) ( And I don't foresee anything different for the radmini )!

I've logged about 1090W peak power output on some steep hills and hit ~41km/h ( in a controlled environment )

PAS difference will need time to get used to, but I'm fairly happy and have logged 830km with it already :)

Kari

Quote from: anotherviktor on July 01, 2021, 09:30:09 AM
Eggrider V2 works great with EU RR(+) ( And I don't foresee anything different for the radmini )!

I've logged about 1090W peak power output on some steep hills and hit ~41km/h ( in a controlled environment )

PAS difference will need time to get used to, but I'm fairly happy and have logged 830km with it already :)

Good to hear that!
I got mine today. First ride whit it tomorrow.

anotherviktor

Quote from: Kari on July 01, 2021, 01:17:11 PM

Good to hear that!

Hope it's a blast!

I'd recommend printing a sun hood for it: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4583482 ( You can also find a bottom bracket print for eggrider in thingiverse since they can break easily if you go too right )

Altema

Wow, impressive! Is that with only the EggRider, or were other changes made?

garth@garthy.com

What is the PAS difference?
(I tried searching but no luck)

anotherviktor

Quote from: Altema on July 01, 2021, 04:03:09 PM

Wow, impressive! Is that with only the EggRider, or were other changes made?

Only the Eggrider with the offroad mode Amperage setting set to 19A :)
Edit: Now that I'm re-reading my comment, my top speed record wasn't on a hill, just flat road with ~850-900W output

Quote from: garth@garthy.com on July 02, 2021, 09:15:26 AM

What is the PAS difference?
(I tried searching but no luck)

Eggrider will not offer you the smooth PAS that native Rad controller has. It's a bit jerky and not so "gracefully" smooth. They have been releasing updates that improve things on that end. I usually either ride on PAS 2 or 3 and high gears for a workout, or PAS 5 for fun/when time is an issue.

Kari

Quote from: anotherviktor on July 01, 2021, 03:55:43 PM
Quote from: Kari on July 01, 2021, 01:17:11 PM

Good to hear that!

Hope it's a blast!

I'd recommend printing a sun hood for it: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4583482 ( You can also find a bottom bracket print for eggrider in thingiverse since they can break easily if you go too right )

3d printed sun hood came with it.

Kari

More power (a lot of more), but less smoothness.
Now 47 km testing behind and end of the day I'm gonna change back to original screen.
I'll give it another change when there is new update available or I get more info to adjust it for my needs.

Mostviertel50

Hi from Austria, at my Radrunner the Eggrider works without problems over 2000KM. Maximum Power is over 500W and in sport mode full throttle functionally. One important thing: at the controller label is the maximium Ampere written, in case of the lishui controller in the Radrunner 10.5A. This value must  be written in the app under the controller settings. And further, with the newest update there is a setting ,,radpower mode" for more smoothness. In the next hours i will become the radwagon4, this bike will become the eggrider too, i will report ;-)

picacoco

Hi All!

I have a eggrider v2 on a EU Radwagon 4 and it works perfectly.

I had one of the EU Rad Rhino 750w and the radwagon 4 with the eggrider gives you a similar feel in terms of power and speed.

Could you guys share your eggrider settings? Mine seems to never show 100% battery charge and I think than I could tweak the settings to get better range...

I just read about the Rad Power settings in the new firmware. How you set it up?

Thanks!

anotherviktor

Quote from: picacoco on July 13, 2021, 06:39:10 AM
Hi All!

I have a eggrider v2 on a EU Radwagon 4 and it works perfectly.

I had one of the EU Rad Rhino 750w and the radwagon 4 with the eggrider gives you a similar feel in terms of power and speed.

Could you guys share your eggrider settings? Mine seems to never show 100% battery charge and I think than I could tweak the settings to get better range...

I just read about the Rad Power settings in the new firmware. How you set it up?

Thanks!

The settings differ from model to model - I got mine from the Eggrider FB group!

What are the battery settings you have set?
I have mine @ 39V for 0%, 54.2V for 100% and 14Ah capacity

Could it be that your battery no longer reaches the voltage you have set?