Author Topic: SR Suntour suspension for RadWagon  (Read 70 times)

hbanquer

• View Profile
SR Suntour suspension for RadWagon
« on: June 03, 2021, 04:13:25 AM »
If you want to use the SR Suntour suspension seat post order the one with the 30.9mm seat tube.

You back the allen screw out from the existing top clamp enough to remove the seat tube the bike comes with.
Do not remove the screw all the way out. You might need to open the clamp on the larger seat tube to pull the smaller seat tube out. To instal the SR Suntour seat post grease the bottom of the SR Suntour seat post and slide it into the larger seat tube. Leave the allen screw backed out as it holds the clamp but you no longer need it as the SR Suntour seat post does not have the groove in it the the Rad supplied tube has.

At first I tried just using a Cloud 9 seat but on rough roads it still jarred my back.
I measured the RadWagon seat post diameter (30.9mm) and ordered the correct diameter seat post from SR Suntour as they have 3 diameters to choose from.
They sent the tube with the heavy spring right out - great service.

With the Cloud 9 seat,I already had and the SR Suntour suspension seat post there is little to no jarring on rough roads. At 70 years old the hardtail RadWagon was really hurting my back on our country roads and farm access. This is my farm to home transport now not my pick-up!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 05:53:15 PM by hbanquer »

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SR Suntour suspension for RadWagon
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 08:49:34 PM »
Good timing! I just did this myself and did a short clip here: https://youtu.be/k_y84UwC2FU

Full video sharing how it's done coming soon  8)