Author Topic: New Radrunner Plus is sluggish. Is this normal?  (Read 1845 times)

clone45

• View Profile
New Radrunner Plus is sluggish. Is this normal?
« on: May 31, 2021, 10:26:05 AM »
Hello!

I recently purchased a Rad Runner Plus and have ridden it a few times.  It's a heavy bicycle, so it's no surprise to me that it's a bit difficult to pedal on anything steeper than total flatness.  However, it feels excessively sluggish, even with pedal assist #1. 

My guess is that either

1) One or both of the brakes are rubbing or
2) The tires need more air (although I just filled them recently to 30 PSI). Or...
3) It's perfectly normal for such a heavy bicycle to require throttle

When I spin the front wheel, it spins about 360 degrees before stopping which takes just a moment.  I haven't touched the rear wheel.  I used to rent Lyft EBikes before this, and they didn't have this sense of drag.

Thanks!
Bret

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New Radrunner Plus is sluggish. Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 11:04:54 AM »
Just to be clear and rule out issues, pedal assist 1 is the lowest assist level on Rad Power Bikes. Bumping that up to 5 should give you plenty of assist. The front wheel should spin freely, more than 1 complete rotation depending on how fast you are spinning it of course.

se-riously

• View Profile
Re: New Radrunner Plus is sluggish. Is this normal?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 09:59:46 AM »
The tires should spin freely, and you should hear no rubbing noises.  If you can only get one full revolution, then it sounds like your brakes are not properly adjusted.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum