News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

New RadRunner experience

Started by realgren, October 21, 2020, 10:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

realgren

Hi Gang,
I received 2 RadRunners and accessories two days ago. My buddy and I put them together last night and took them for a spin. They're so much fun!

A couple of issues off the bat:

1. My front inner tube burst overnight in my garage and hour after the debugging ride. I'm glad I wasn't riding the bike. The tires were inflated to 28psi (max pressure indicated on the tires is 30psi). Image of burst tire attached to this thread.
Rad is going to replace the inner tube but this is a SCARY fail on a front tire. I'm glad I wasn't riding the bike! I was able to locate a replacement tube on Amazon. These things are HARD to find.

2. The front racks didn't include the screw for the light. Lucky have an array of metric screws in my garage and I could finish the assembly without having to wait for the 1 screw. A little disappointed by the Quality Assurance on this part.

Have fun riding!

Jerome

Joewagon

Wow not really inspiring much confidence. I ordered 3 of these things. I hope you an anomaly and not the rule. Good luck!

realgren

Unbelievably, my inner tube blew up again on Friday last week while I was out of town.

I'd been riding the bike for 4 days prior to that without any issues. Tire pressure was 26lbs measured using a tire gauge. My bike is stored in my garage at a temperature between 70 and 85 (I live in LA).

I'm going to check the tire and wheel. They might be defective. I can't ride a bike thinking the front tire's gonna blow at any second.

Altema

That certainly is odd. One tube blowing out is bad enough, but two? Almost looks like the tube was twisted or caught on something, especially since you weren't even riding it. Is the rubber liner in place covering the spoke ends inside the rim? I have over a thousand miles on my Rad, and I ride it pretty hard on mountain bike trails with no issues.

realgren

The issue has been solved. I took a part the wheel again and looked at the tire. The bead on the tire is broken. Hence, it probably popped out and caused the inner tube to blow (my assumption). I've contacted Rad to get me a new tire within warranty.

I'll keep you posted.

realgren

New tire showed up today. Installed it.
Let's hope it holds and I can finally cruise!