News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad Mini Step Tru owners what is your height and weight? Please!

Started by Joewagon, October 20, 2020, 09:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Joewagon

Hi all, my wife is 5'8" 200lbs and I want to get her the right Rad bike. I think that the Rover step thru might be too big for her. I was wondering if the Mini might be the right fit. My wife has to have a good experience with her new bike because I am planning a lot of rides. I want something we can do together and enjoy. So please let me know you height and weight and what you think about the rover or the mini.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

billewing

The Mini will be perfect if she is just getting back into biking. Keep in mind these bikes are cruisers good for 20 MPH or around that. If you are looking for a road bike or something more like a Mountain Bike the Rover with bigger tires. I have a Mini 4 5'9"175 lbs and it does great. My wife also has one the ST model mini and it is great. She is 5' 1" 140. You can't go wrong just be safe and let her take time to get used to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TopDoc

I have a rad step thru 1 its a beast. I love it BUT it is big and may be too much for some. It is heavy and when stopping or standing it can knock you aff your balance. Im 6'2 195 and work out daily. this is a great bike but a city step tru might be good choice.

DavePete

I'm around 5'7" and a little over 200# and the Rad Mini Step thru fits me well. I'm retired so I like the step thru aspect. Tired of having to hike my leg up and over the seat. I would like to see the geometry of the bike allow for a little more leg extension on my pedal stroke, but not a big issue. I prefer to be able to put my feet on the ground with my butt on the seat. Weight wise the bike is heavier, but has a nice low center of gravity.

My wife and I love ours and have been pleased overall in the short period we have had them. Looking forward to next spring.

radrover4fun

I bought a mini step through and a rad rover, the step through came almost a month before the rover so I rode it a lot.  I am 5,11 190
Now my 12 year old daughter is riding it and she is about 5 2 100 lbs ish

It works for both of us.

billewing

I am 5/9 Rad Mini standard 180lbs
My wife 5/3 Rad Mini step through 135 lbs

In retrospect I would have gone with the step though also. It's much easier to get on and off.

Nice bikes for leisure style riding. Really good on steep hills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk