News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Error code 25

Started by mitch96, April 26, 2021, 12:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Eric7

"Choking the electron" is real.

I installed a new Rad rear rack onto my Rad Mini ST and I also observed that tightly coiling the wire around the connector and tightly zip-tying the bundle together contributes to error 25 - that is, "choking the electron."  Maybe the connection is tenuous to begin with and any additional strain on the connector bends it just enough to ruin the connection.  The problem goes away when you disconnect and reconnect the cable a few times.  After a few rides, Error 25 comes back.  I've requested a new electric cable (for extending the brake light from the original mounting position to the rear of the rear rack) from Rad and I hope that solves the problem.

JimL

This stuff reminds me of a problem a friend had while working on an enclosed trailer (used for supporting Pacific Crest Trail maintenance crews).  After installing solar panels and hooking up LED light systems, he was seeing voltage on circuits, when nothing was turned on and the battery was disconnected.  It turns out that LED lights can actually generate a tiny current flow when they are exposed to sunlight.

I have also seen LED lights (in my house) which can turn on or off when a ceiling fan is powered up. 

Perhaps coiling the wires is making an inductance loop that "reads wrong" in the control system?  I wound my extension wires around aluminum tubes and have not had Code 25.

Strange stuff, I guess.

Veggyhed

I have also observed this exact problem on my mini 4 and I've read about it with other bikes.
I'm thinking about trying wiring loom - that black plastic loop.
It definitely happens when you coil the wire it doesn't even require a zip tie to duplicate the problem. It is annoying but at least I know how to reset it which normally involves tuning off the battery with the key discharging the controller and then turning the key back on and making sure the wires have not moved with the loose zip ties that supporting it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk