News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Throttle and PAS failure

Started by jeffcsnider@gmail.com, September 16, 2023, 10:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

jeffcsnider@gmail.com

We have a red city 5+ which we bought new in September 2022. The last half year, we have had a stubborn, intermittent problem where PAS and throttle suddenly fail while riding the bike. We have had two in warranty replacements of the wiring harness, which has failed to fix the problem when the PAS and throttle fail, there is still full power to the controller which remains on and the front and back lights which are illuminated. In spite of having full power the PAS and throttle are unresponsive and the bike is in effect a big, heavy, non-E bike, which we have to ride the rest of the way home ?the hard way?. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how was it resolved? PS. There are no error codes to be seen.

Naranja_CT5+

Have you tried isolating the problem by either disconnecting the PAS or Throttle?
Do you have a multimeter to see if you have voltage to the motor? Could be loose or damaged connectors.
I have also read that the magnet/sensor of PAS get misaligned.
In Canada it's called eh_Bike

mrgold35

I purchased a Radcity 5+ for my wife in June of 2023.  We had the exact issue with zero PAS/Throttle power to the rear hub with 16 miles on the ebike.  Everything else worked like the lights, brake light, LCD, and no errors on LCD screen.  Rad sent a new controller after trouble-shooting and sending videos of the issue.  The replacement controller cables were longer than the original and that made it a little harder to install.  Everything is working for now; but, only put 70 miles on the Radcity since the fix.