News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

New Rad battery charger versus old Rad battery charger

Started by Veggyhed, August 29, 2023, 05:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Veggyhed

I need to replace my battery and I saw that there are new chargers now on rads site.
Does the new battery charger run cooler than the old charger? What are people's experience with a new charger and is it worth buying one?

Sent from my TB310FU using Tapatalk

inoxa

Quote from: Veggyhed on August 29, 2023, 05:05:26 AM
I need to replace my battery and I saw that there are new chargers now on rads site.
Does the new battery charger run cooler than the old charger? What are people's experience with a new charger and is it worth buying one?

I recommend going with a larger battery.  when you new a different battery they usually come with mounting cradle and a charger.  stock is 14amp.  you can get 20 amp easily and it will give you much better range.  go with samsung battery cells or LG or Panasonic.  If it doesnt say which cells they are then don't buy it.  CitizenCycle on youtube did a battery grade on his Rover but he also did a controller upgrade as well.  he shows you how to install them. Good Luck.

Veggyhed

I'm a little hesitant to go with another battery that is larger not manufactured by Rad. This is simply due to all the fires that have happened.
Do you have the new charger or the old charger for your bike?

inoxa

FYI RAD does not make the batteries.  I think they are samsung cells.  I am almost 100% sure they are Shark brand batteries with RADs name on them. So find a battery that has samsung battery cells and you will be fine. 

I have never had an issue with my battery over heating or causing a fire. 
I think it is just news making a buck with reporting it.  Sure there are some fires that really are the batteries at fault.  You might be worried about something that really isn't an issue if you get
quality cell batteries.