News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RadRover6 intermittent throttle

Started by Audigger, July 28, 2023, 06:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Audigger

Hi everyone, Im looking for some help please. I bought a RR6 last month and barely got to know it before the throttle and PAS started to act up. I will ride for awhile, stop for a break and it wont go again when I try. It seems like after about 45min to 1 hr it resets but I never know for how long. Ive checked all the connectors and theyre fine. RadPower customer service is worthless. After 1 week of trying to contact their customer service via phone, live chat, email, I received a generic email response asking if I still was experiencing issues and if so, contact customer service. A joke.
I live in a rural area. I took it to nearest bike shop and they said there is a cutoff switch that activates if I use the throttle and brake at the same time. Also activates at 19+ mph. I cannot find any documentation of a cutoff switch, but accepted the tip. Being careful to avoid those issues, lI got stuck last night 5 miles from home. When I got home (thanks to a friend) it was working again. this morning I turned it on and again...no throttle. Any suggestions????

handlebar

Electrically, maybe the throttle isn't closing all the way. For safety, a controller won't power the motor unless the throttle is closed on startup. With my aftermarket controller, the display looks okay if I turn it on with the throttle partly open. If I open it further, the display will say "throttle error." After I let the throttle close, I can use it  and PAS normally.

I don't know just how your controller responds to open throttle on startup, but if that's the problem, starting with the throttle unplugged should let you use PAS. If the problem is within the throttle, Amazon has a replacement for $15, but you're under warranty.

Audigger