News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Is Rad Going Out of Business

Started by Amocat07, May 02, 2023, 08:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Amocat07

I live in North Idaho and have tried calling customer support for the past 6 days,  including every dealer in North America, tried their chat line, e-mail and anything else I can think of, to no avail.  Has anyone actually gotten through and talked to live person?    I know there have been a lot of layoffs over the past year, do I need to drive to Seattle to get any help?

jango

I tried yesterday and today and haven't been able to get thru on chat.

Tree

Quote from: Amocat07 on May 02, 2023, 08:59:44 AM
I live in North Idaho and have tried calling customer support for the past 6 days,  including every dealer in North America, tried their chat line, e-mail and anything else I can think of, to no avail.  Has anyone actually gotten through and talked to live person?    I know there have been a lot of layoffs over the past year, do I need to drive to Seattle to get any help?

they are apparently having issues with their phone lines, and note that they're currently down and offer both online chat and text options. not ideal, obviously, but texting is probably better than a long drive.

JimInPT

Quote from: Tree on May 03, 2023, 07:10:21 AMthey are apparently having issues with their phone lines, and note that they're currently down and offer both online chat and text options. not ideal, obviously, but texting is probably better than a long drive.
IIRC didn't they have this same comm failure at Rad a month or two ago?
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Adams

They laid off another 80 employee- sounds like most were in customer service. Looks like they are transitioning to the chat function with the leaner team until things smooth out. Folks on reddit are saying they are evebtually getting assistance thru the chat function. I think their modified hours are 9:00 PST - 3:00. Good luck.

pbens

Sadly they are giving every indication of a company going out of business. Not only chat doesn't work since last week, but no phone lines or text are available either. I sent them 3 text messages today to the 800 number, one of them asking if they are going are of business, and only got an automated response that I was texting them outside of business hours. I wasn't. I was about to order several accessories for my brand-new Rover 6, but won't dare putting my credit card in there again. I wish I knew 3 months ago before buying an ebike from them. I hope I am wrong but it's the first time I see a company go completely dark on their customers with no way of contacting them whatsoever.
I wish Rad's upper management had the decency to have some respect for their customers and update the website to reflect their situation. They are taking new orders, though. Not sure buyers will receive their goods. If there are no employees left to answer the phones or update the website, I wonder who is fulfilling the orders.

jfo

I got my deliveries super quickly, all arrived last week ahead of the scheduled delivery date.

lagerloef

I am having a battery issue and am having no luck with any form of communication: phone, text, email or online chat - been trying for 3 days. I tried going through their phone option for ordering a new bike just to see if a person would answer and got the same 'unfortunately our phone lines are currently closed' message that is being played on the service line

inoxa

contact your credit card company to see if you have recourse.  my credit card company gives me lots of options for problems like this.  mine even doubles my warranty period. 

oldtexasdog

My Bike was DOA after 10 min. Been trying for a week to call or e-mail customer support. Keep getting the message that customer support is closed right now. Sounds bad to me!

santacruzpaul

I am in the market for another e-bike, You know the saying, One is none, And, two is one.  That being said, I am Really doubtful going in Rad's  direction with ALL the bad publicity about customer support, Heck, If one wanted No customer support, Just go to Alibaba and get a comparable e-bike for half the cost, Myself being an old guy, I will probably buy the comfortable looking and stylish Cheetah.
Paul

JimInPT

Has anybody in need of service support tried calling the main sales line to see if anybody answers and/or has any idea what's going on at Rad?  If they answer, it should be easy to put them on the spot about the apparently shoddy management of after-sale support.

Anybody getting hosed would be within their rights to demand a credit-card refund (credit-card companies can do this unilaterally by contacting them if you can't get Rad to respond) and if Rad objects, tell them to come pick it up since they won't even answer the phone!

I'm not an attorney, but I believe that if you have a service problem or an unresolved refund, and Rad enters bankruptcy, that everything just stops and you get put onto a list of unsecured creditors with little to no chance of getting anything done as the secured creditors will have first access to any remaining funds or assets.  Again, not an attorney, but if I was in that position as a customer I'd start looking into this right away so you can at least know what your options are.

If service is just temporarily messed up due to layoffs, that still doesn't explain recordings that say "we're not taking calls" rather than "service calls will take longer than usual to be handled." 

Seems janky to me and a BK declaration wouldn't be too much of a surprise at this point.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

oldtexasdog

I wonder if they are just trying to sell all the inventory as fast as they can before they shut it down?

cssshb

Quote from: oldtexasdog on June 15, 2023, 06:56:50 AM
I wonder if they are just trying to sell all the inventory as fast as they can before they shut it down?

I am wondering this too. They won't even respond to my request to return my DOA RadCity 5+ Step-Thru.

oldtexasdog

Well after over a month my new Rad got it's replacement parts-new controller and battery mount. Teck installed and no more code 21 now it's code 30!! Tech says the new parts were bad so back to square one.