News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Front mounted basket recall

Started by pikesrus, February 06, 2021, 07:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

pikesrus

Anyone have more info on this recall? Seems like a minor issue. How likely is it for headlight to detach? Wouldn't one solution be to remove the headlight and by an aftermarket one??

RAD - 2/5/2021
The concern is limited to the lower-front mounting point that is used to attach the headlight.

Under strain, this mounting point may fail and cause the headlight to detach from the Front-Mounted Basket.

To be safe, we ask you not to ride with the original Front-Mounted Basket.

molsonbike

Mrpeabody56

Apparently Rad thought this was a pretty common issue with their "version 1" Front basket, as when it happened to my basket (light bracket pulled stud out of bottom of basket on first ride). It ruined the light and banged up my frame/wheel/spokes fairly bad.  Rad told me they would take care of me regarding this issue, and they did. No surprise there - they have great customer service and complaint resolution. RAD ended up sending me a new (version 2) basket with beefed up threaded barrel stub, a replacement premium light and bracket, and later they sent a standard light and bracket (as they said the extra weight of the premium light could not be supported safely by even the beefed up threaded barrel).
I was impressed with the care and concern they showed for my ride experience and safety.