News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

tHEFT AND INSURANCE

Started by TopDoc, November 11, 2020, 12:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

TopDoc

My kids bought me a 2020 rad step thru fat tie for fathers day... which arrived 4 weeks ago... loved it.. past tense because two weeks ago it was stolen out of my garage.  two lessons learned..One: LOCK your bike even in your garage. TWO:  home onwners insurance covered it after deductible but will increase my premium 45% for three years... NOT a good deal... BUT i did find bike insurance for $103 per year that covers everything including damage.. google bike insurance  i am using Markel insurance... FINALLY on my new bike I added bike alarm amazon $16 and the $109 arbus lock and to protect my newcloud 9 seat a $6 combination 6 foot cable lock that I  hook under the seat and around the frame to always secure the seat and use it to easy lock in garage and fast stops where the arbus takes too long. Ride Safe and Protected

sc00ter

I replaced the seat clamp with a bmx style clamp and use a HexLox on both the clamp and under the seat post top. VERY secure and simple. I also purchased one of the SaveYourSeatLock that another member suggested. Great quality and seems secure but it makes removing my battery a hassle. May work better with your ebike? And you learned a lesson about locking everything in your garage. Once a thief gets in they have privacy and use of tools that are out.  And I know your pain on the insurance company. When my auto company tried that raise the rates nonsense I dropped them and went with another company. Shop around.

Ryan

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Velosurance is another good option and is one I hope to dig more into this winter. I'm also reviewing the Boomerang shortly: https://boomerangbike.com/