News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

rad wagon stripped axle

Started by kencameron, May 11, 2020, 12:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

kencameron

I have a Radwagon long tail with a stripped left rear axle (on the hub motor).  What are the repair options?  Can I replace just the axle?  Is the axle a stud that is easily removable?  Does it require complete disassembly of the rear wheel and pressing out the axle with an arbor press?  Does it require replacement of the rear wheel?

Thanks in advance.

Hehateme

I imagine one way to find out is to take it apart. Sounds like fun. If you do, post photos so we can all benefit from your misfortune. How did you strip that axel? Pretty robust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwmccull

Any luck resolving the axle? I have the same issue and I'm trying to find instructions on how to repair

Veggyhed

When you say you strip the axle what exactly does that mean?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Radding Along

Unfortunately I don't believe the axle can be swapped out. If you take it apart, you will find that the axle is press fitted into the other motor components.

I think your only course of action would be to find a machine shop that could weld the threads up, turn it on a lathe and then re-cut the threads.

Even if that would cost less than a new motor/wheel, how many more miles do you think you can get on the old motor?